shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Capt.....sorry, cannot tell anything from this without crown/pavilion angles.

They determine the make of the stone.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
i'm no expert but the diameter seems to have a variance that i would consider high. so the stone seems out of round to me.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Did I miss something? Nobody responded w/ anything harsh.???

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
My response was harsh? I'm very sorry if I offended you. Just trying to help by offering my opinions (and as I said, I'm no expert). From my own search experience, I rarely encountered a diameter variance of more than .05mm. That's why .09 seemed high to me.

I know buying a diamond is a deeply personal and difficult process, especially if it's for an engagement. If this stone is the one your heart is set on, grab it and don't seek out other people's opinions. Yours is the one that counts most!

Best of luck.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/19/2004 12:39:39 PM captain carat wrote:

Ouch, that second answer seems a bit harsh. I just needed some help. I now know to go elsewhere than these boards for help!
8.gif

----------------

WHAT? How is that harsh? You asked what we thought of the diamond, and Atlantic commented that it seemed the diamond was out-of-round. (It's not, by the way). He was trying to help you......I don't see where you felt he was harsh.

Maybe you're confused about the meaning of "out-of-round". It means that a diamond isn't an even circle.....that the diameter in one direction varies quite a bit from the diameter of another direction. However, this diamond isn't out of round......that's usually at least .10 mm variance.

It wasn't a slam....it was a technical comment. I think you're taking offense where none was intended.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I was just trying to say that for me personally, the .09 is on the high end of the tolerance scale. With no other information to go on, I'd be more comfortable with a lower variance.

I hadn't thought about the possible misunderstanding about "out of round". Thanks for pointing out that it's merely a technical comment.

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results