shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kenstone

Rough_Rock
Dear fellow PS''ers, I''ve been trolling the forums for quite a while and it''s really helped me tremendously in my search for a diamond, thanks for your many useful posts.

I''ve finally found a princess cut Canadian diamond that I''m fond of, here is my conundrum, the specs of the diamonds seem good under the old AGA Cut Class Charts - the diamond classifies as a 1A. But after looking through the ASET scope provided by the broker, I saw an usual amount of green through the middle of the diamond, the cross in the middle of the princess looked very green, and overall the diamond seemed to have less pink than green. However, from the naked eye, the diamond had plenty of brilliance and fire. I''m a bit confused, and don''t want to dive into something that I''m not 100% sure of

I''ve got a GIA & SARIN report (sadly no AGS-pondering sending it in).

Here are the specs from the SARIN:
Shape: Princess
Dimensions:
5.60x5.48x3.92 mm
Carat Weight: 1.05ct
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: 3.5%%
Crown Angle: 30.7
Crown %: 12.2%
Pavilion Angle: 38.1
Pavilion %: 55.5%
Culet Off Center:1.3%
Table Off Center: 0.04mm

Please let me know your thoughts, is there something here that seems strange?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 11:43:15 PM
Author:Kenstone

Dear fellow PS'ers, I've been trolling the forums for quite a while and it's really helped me tremendously in my search for a diamond, thanks for your many useful posts.

I've finally found a princess cut Canadian diamond that I'm fond of, here is my conundrum, the specs of the diamonds seem good under the old AGA Cut Class Charts - the diamond classifies as a 1A. But after looking through the ASET scope provided by the broker, I saw an usual amount of green through the middle of the diamond, the cross in the middle of the princess looked very green, and overall the diamond seemed to have less pink than green. However, from the naked eye, the diamond had plenty of brilliance and fire. I'm a bit confused, and don't want to dive into something that I'm not 100% sure of

I've got a GIA & SARIN report (sadly no AGS-pondering sending it in).

Here are the specs from the SARIN:

Shape: Princess
Dimensions:
5.60x5.48x3.92 mm
Carat Weight: 1.05ct
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: 3.5%%
Crown Angle: 30.7
Crown %: 12.2%
Pavilion Angle: 38.1
Pavilion %: 55.5%
Culet Off Center:1.3%
Table Off Center: 0.04mm

Please let me know your thoughts, is there something here that seems strange?
Hi Ken

Can you post the depth and table percentages too please - concerning what you saw in ASET normally you will see more green in fancy shapes,this page will give you some example ASET images to view and compare with what you saw, however well cut Princess should show a good amount of red. Ask if you can view the diamond in plain daylight too away from any bright store lights, this will give you a better idea of how it will look when worn.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post the ASET?

Princess can be cut badly even when all the numbers are good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 5:17:18 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Can you post the ASET?

Princess can be cut badly even when all the numbers are good.
I don't think he will be able to do that regrettably, it says he viewed the diamond using an ASET scope provided by the broker.

Kenstone

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response Lorelei & Stone-Cold,

Sorry I totally forgot to post the table and depth %ages.
And you are correct - I was able to use their ASET scope, but they did not have the capability to send me an image.

Depth% = 71.5%
Table % = 65.7%

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 11:51:36 PM
Author: Kenstone
Thanks for your response Lorelei & Stone-Cold,

Sorry I totally forgot to post the table and depth %ages.
And you are correct - I was able to use their ASET scope, but they did not have the capability to send me an image.

Depth% = 71.5%
Table % = 65.7%
Ok that looks fine, thank you.

Kenstone

Rough_Rock
Update: Just sent the stone out to get it graded by AGS.
I''ll let you guys know how it does.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 1:04:00 AM
Author: Kenstone
Update: Just sent the stone out to get it graded by AGS.
I''ll let you guys know how it does.
Good luck!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results