shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this stone... please don''t hold back

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
Open to any and all comments and criticism please.

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.761
Color: H
. Depth %: 61
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 52.4
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 75.5
. Girdle: Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 5.86-5.89X3.61
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well....since you asked

i''m am SURE it is beautiful! you really can''t go wrong with an ags0, much less an aca.

you done good.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice choice!!!

toast21

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 6:12:56 PM
Author: belle
well....since you asked

i''m am SURE it is beautiful! you really can''t go wrong with an ags0, much less an aca.

you done good.
2.gif
ok being a newbie.. how do you know its an AGS0? umm and what''s aca?
8.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 6:35:08 PM
Author: toast21

Date: 3/8/2007 6:12:56 PM
Author: belle
well....since you asked

you done good.
2.gif
ok being a newbie.. how do you know its an AGS0? umm and what''s aca?
8.gif
i know it''s an ags0 because there is a grade for light performance and only ags grades light performance.
2.gif

aca= "a cut above" which is the signature brand of hearts and arrows diamonds carried by www.whiteflash.com

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a firm believer in ACAs. Any loose RB I buy in the future will be one.

bfready

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. I think I''m gonna go for it. If mine look as good as yours diamondseeker, I''ll be quite pleased.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 9:15:43 PM
Author: bfready
Thanks guys. I think I''m gonna go for it. If mine look as good as yours diamondseeker, I''ll be quite pleased.
36.gif
How are you going to have it set?? Inquiring minds want to know, hehe.

bfready

Rough_Rock
It''s going to Mark Morrell to be set in his Flame setting. I''m still debating on having the little diamonds in the basket and maybe having the prongs be more delicate than the hearts he has pictured on his website.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks like you chose a fabulous diamond - can''t wait to see it when you have it set!!!

bfready

Rough_Rock
Ordered the stone today. It will be sent to my appraiser tomorrow, then off to Mark Morrell to be set. I thought I wouldn''t have any problem doing it, but I''m starting to get anxious that I won''t be able to see the diamond or the ring for probably another month. Oh well, that will give me time to concentrate on my proposal plans... look for me in that forum before too long.

I know it''s too early to give a testimonial, but my experience with Whiteflash has been great so far. And if Mark Morrell is as skilled in creating platinum as he is in counseling guys like me over the phone, I''m going to be getting a stellar ring.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I recently got an ACA. It''s beautiful. I''m sure you will be more than pleased with it.
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very nice selection. Another die-hard ACA fan here. :)

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
First you get an ACA / AGS0.
Second you''re going with MWM.

I can''t really hold back because there''s nothing you''ve done wrong. Fantastic choices for both the diamond and the setting. I wouldn''t be anxious at all waiting for it and I think MWM is more than happy to email you photos of his work in progress.

You''re going to have a stunner of a ring... the only thing that would make it look nicer would be a higher colour or carat weight but everybody has a budget to work towards :)

Enjoy the experience!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2007 11:40:02 AM
Author: tanalasta

I can''t really hold back because there''s nothing you''ve done wrong. Fantastic choices for both the diamond and the setting. I wouldn''t be anxious at all waiting for it and I think MWM is more than happy to email you photos of his work in progress.

You''re going to have a stunner of a ring... the only thing that would make it look nicer would be a higher colour or carat weight but everybody has a budget to work towards :)

Enjoy the experience!

I don''t know about a higher colour necessarily making the diamond look nicer, as colour is a personal preference and a properly graded H will still look very white and plenty white for most, some also prefer a softer white than the icy D''s and E''s - excellent too if you are on a budget! Likewise with carat weight. bfready you have done a great job picking out a superb diamond, so you can know it will be fabulous!

kev_800

Shiny_Rock

Enjoy the experience!
tanalasta is spot on. I just received my girl''s e-ring from MWM last friday, and he was more than happy to send pictures (8+!)

That will be a beautiful ring.... and in the hands of Mark Morrell it is certainly going to be tasteful and proportional. Great choices...

bfready

Rough_Rock

Enjoy the experience!
Knowing that a great cut will raise color appearance, I figure an H will appear very near colorless. Also, going in a white setting will help. At least that''s the advice I''ve been given.

The carat size was her idea. I was thinking 1ct was good, but she didn''t like a 1ct on her hand. Too big. .5ct seemed a little small. She said .75 was perfect. I know it''s not in my best interest to mess with Goldilocks when she finds out what''s just right. Besides, out here in the midwest, .75 is a pretty good size stone. I came in a little under budget, so I have some play money for the proposal!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bfready, the H will appear very white especially with that cut!! You have picked a fabulous diamond of a very respectable size and colour, all that remains now is to pat yourself on the back, choose what goodies you can get for the proposal with your left over money, then DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can have every confidence in your choice!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Best of luck with the proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results