shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this spready OMC

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I have a RHR project in mind that I have been saving up for and have been looking around once in awhile for the right stone while I get the funds saved up. I had wanted a OMC about 8-8.5mm in J-K range.

This stone is a M but with faint fluor and it’s spready.

I am not experienced at all with OMCs as this would be my first OMC. Do you think it’s the horrible lighting in these videos that is showing all the darkness or should I just pass on this stone and keep saving and looking? Is it too shallow? Table too big? Crown too low?

I would really appreciate any feedback/education/advice. Thank you!

M
VS2
9.42x8.51x5.06 mm
Table: 54%
Depth: 59.4%

Last edited:
I’m not an expert at all, but I wonder if some of the darkness is coming from the colour of the camera (obstruction/ maybe over obstruction)? It’s not leaky as in transparent, at least from what I can tell, but it is rather dark.

Can you see it with your own eyes without having to pay for it?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Is this an antique OMC or a new cut OMC? When in buy, I accept different light performance from a modern vintage cut with the assistance of 3D computer mapping versus what I’d get from a cutter 150+ years ago cutting by hand.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not an expert at all, but I wonder if some of the darkness is coming from the colour of the camera (obstruction/ maybe over obstruction)? It’s not leaky as in transparent, at least from what I can tell, but it is rather dark.

Can you see it with your own eyes without having to pay for it?

That is my hope that it’s obstruction. I do believe I can make arrangements to see it in person. I was wondering if it is worth seeing.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Is this an antique OMC or a new cut OMC? When in buy, I accept different light performance from a modern vintage cut with the assistance of 3D computer mapping versus what I’d get from a cutter 150+ years ago cutting by hand.

It’s being presented to me as an antique and I believe it is as the stone’s clarity grade is basically all wear and tear on the girdle. 71CD47B2-F84B-4D68-915B-3CF530CCF249.jpeg

That is my hope that it’s obstruction. I do believe I can make arrangements to see it in person. I was wondering if it is worth seeing.

It would be worth seeing if only to train your eyes, IMO. I would only demur if the expectation is to buy / deposit / non refundable deposit.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with @AllAboardTheBlingTrain. The hand video isn’t super zoomed in so my guess is you will see the same type of obstruction from your head in person. The lighting in the tweezer video isn’t as bright as other vendors use so it may look better than that video in person. It’s a nice size, in the range of what you are looking for and I’m curious what your in person opinion would be.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results