shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this single cut eternity band

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thoughts on this eternity band? Looks like single cuts to me and the milgrain either needs to be redone or is just wearing off. The seller doesn't know how old it is. I want a wide eternity band and would wear it in place of my ering on occasion (still haven't sold my marquise!). Does it look well made and what would you consider a reasonable price? It is 14k gold and est .80 carats. My name starts with S so I kinda like that aspect. I'm size 5.25 if you can find something better!

screenshot_2015-12-15-13-46-27_2.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring you posted is so pretty and I totally get why you would love a ring with S's all around.
My name begins with C and I feel like this ring with all C's personalized eternity band.
Is the ring you like on Ebay or or is it from a local store?
Is it the right size for you?

img_10091.jpg

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it is pretty too. It is my size and is on eBay. What do you think a reasonable price would be? Does it look like an antique to you? Seems like a lot of metal so I am undecided in whether it would look too clunky. Is that band yours or just one you admire??

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
Ebay does have some awesome things.
I'm not sure about whether it's an antique or not.. I always am a little uncertain when something is 14k. To me it's more likely to be an antique if it's 18k or platinum.
The fact that it's just your size is a big plus.
Does the seller have a return policy in case you don't like it?
I think a fair price would be $1000 or under. Is it around that price?
I could not find it on ebay.. what should I search for?
The ring I posted is mine.. it's Cartier. How convenient for me that the C stands for not only Cartier but for me too! :appl: :appl:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh how nice, I love your Cartier piece!

Here is the band, I wasn't sure if links were allowed.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231493457184&alt=web

He said "there are no hallmarks and that it tests much higher than 14k but he isn't sure so he listed it as 14k"

He has it at $2200 OBO LOLOLOLOL. I offered him under $1K and he said big fat nope because melee are expensive in VS-1. He had no clue they were single cuts and guesses it is from the 90's. He offered to "wash and polish it" which I found a little strange. Wash.... like with a toothbrush and soap? Lol maybe it is not meant to be mine although I think I could talk it down to $1200 or so. Should I walk away?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Also, since it is a wide band would I go up in size? I have skinny fingers and wider knuckles so my skinny 5.25 wedding band gets over the knuckle with a little tug and spins a little but any smaller and it wouldn't fit over the knuckle.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's pretty too but think it's nowhere worth what he is asking.
I was thinking more like $750 but it could depend if the diamond ctw
Is more than it looks.

Edit ...I see its 80 points which is mora than what I expected. He has some pretty stuff but it seems to be priced on the high side :( .

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree tyty, I was thinking the same price but he seems to know what its worth haha I offered 500 hoping he would counter around 750 and he told me $1400 was his bottom dollar

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I looked up the auction.. yep.. $2200 is too much.
Here is something comparable.. not as wide though.
This is the wrong size but a good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-72-ct-Vintage-Antique-14K-Round-Diamond-Eternity-Wedding-Anniversary-Band/262002733404?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D9fa11e59764c47f0b84ad838e6ef0d18%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D262002733404
So I think I would only buy it if it was $1000 or less.
On a total positive note.. the seller does have a 14 day return policy which is great!!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi! Oh I adore that! Why is it so big?? wahh!! Do you generally go up a quarter or half size in wider bands? I don't even know. That would be good to know I guess.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I would go up a quarter of a size.. maybe not..
I guess it depends on your knuckle?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And boohoo.. I agree.
That ring for $495 is a great ring at a great price!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is so pretty. Love how old it is. We have very similar taste!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we do! :love: :love:
It's funny.. everything you like.. I have something similar.
Great minds think alike. :wavey:

img_10093.jpg

screen_shot_2015-12-15_at_7.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OP, I feel fairly confident that the original ring you posted about is NOT an antique. I know I've seen that ring somewhere before, and it wasn't eBay because I don't lurk there. If it is an antique it's a young one, mass produced, which means you stand a chance of finding it elsewhere. Gosh I wish I could remember where!
PS- I do love single cuts and milgrain together (my ER has the same).

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for the info! My search for a lovely wide diamond eternity band continue!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Me too!!!! My right hand ring finger is a 6........hmmmmm! And I wonder about the singlestone rehab too.

How do they know its from the 1800's though? Doesn't the 14k make you wonder? I thought platinum or 18k was more common?

I love it though.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Size 8.25 :( it is pretty!

I need diamonds. Lots and lots of diamonds :lol:

Love that y'all are shopping for me! Keep them coming! I have put Grace on the hunt, too.

Anything 5.25-5.75 might be ok :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those Etsy bands.. I never look on Etsy.. will start now. :dance:
What a fun ring hunt with you gals. :wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that!! Flexible rings are so cool. Great seller too. :appl: :appl:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awesome! How do you feel about the price? Should I call and haggle or just buy it?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their prices are not rock bottom but very fair.. not sure if they bargain.
I would think they don't.
I really love the ring but it's not that thick.. I really love a fat/thick ring.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just called and he thinks they are full cuts, not single cuts. Their safes auto lock at 5pm so he couldn't go look.

You were right, their prices are firm. I have pretty small hands so perhaps this would be a good thickness, and something that I could stack with the ering whenever I get a new one haha.

What to do, what to do!

edit to ask whether you think this was a mass produced piece or no? I do love that it has milgrain which will match my current wedding band when stacked...

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Welp, I bought it!! Sooooo excited to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results