shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this setting for my Emerald from Precision Gem

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I got this pretty lab emerald from Gene and am working with DK on a setting. I wanted E-W (just to be a little outside the box - for me) and I am adding my original .30ctw pear engagement diamond and it's match (EG) along with a couple of rounds sourced by DK. The pears have been sitting in my drawer for about 13 years and I feel sentimental so I'm happy to be able to set it in something that I can wear.

I am attaching the CAD and would like your opinions. The gallery seems a little bare to me. I don't know if I should add something there. I did ask for him to add a double bar across the shank below the shoulders to just add some detail, but maybe I don't need that if the diamonds will come down the side and not be worth it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DK Emerald Ring CAD.jpeg Emerald & pears.jpeg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My first thought it it's going to take a large ring size to handle the span of all that, unless you rotate the emerald into portrait.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
What is I eliminate the rounds?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I got this pretty lab emerald from Gene and am working with DK on a setting.
Pretty stone!
I wanted E-W (just to be a little outside the box - for me) and I am adding my original .30ctw pear engagement diamond and it's match (EG) along with a couple of rounds sourced by DK. The pears have been sitting in my drawer for about 13 years and I feel sentimental so I'm happy to be able to set it in something that I can wear.
That’s awesome you are utilizing a sentimental stone :)

I am attaching the CAD and would like your opinions. The gallery seems a little bare to me. I don't know if I should add something there.
I would ask Amy her design suggestions for that. Email to them as typical, and just address the question/request for less bare gallery ideas to her. Otherwise - I’d look at the three stone threads here and look at those galleries for ideas. :)

I did ask for him to add a double bar across the shank below the shoulders to just add some detail, but maybe I don't need that if the diamonds will come down the side and not be worth it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Like a shoulder cuff? Hard to say if it’s not worth it. Some like details that aren’t always seen face up?

Is the cad done in your ring size? If so - I’m not sure where the question comes in of it fitting the span of your finger. I think there’s a few (3,5,7 stone) rings here that do encompass the whole top span if not a smudge more - trick is getting it comfortable (to you) when wearing. The feel of it inbetween your fingers I mean.

Easy way would be removing the rounds - but if you love that look, I wouldn’t give up on it. If you think you might be concerned with comfort in between your fingers - make sure you ask for a plastic model to try on. It won’t be exact - but it’ll give you a good idea.

Edited to add:
Does he have all your stones? Could be trick or the eye but the cad emerald shape doesn’t really match up to the pic of your stone. Pears are shaped all over the place too. I wouldn’t ever start tweaking a cad until dkj had the stones in hand for those details. I just think any adjustments made for the actual stones might change the overall look and needs even more cad tweaks. Worse is when the tweaking happens after casting.

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of asking for the wax mold. That would be the best way to judge. And I'll also do some more looking at 3-5-7 stone threads for style and size. I don't mind eliminating the rounds, but I thought they were a nice transition, I just don't want it to wrap around my finger and get lost. I am terrible at looking at a CAD and envisioning the size of things.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@momofive
Raising the height of the center and adjusting the angles of the sidestones keeps the stones from wrapping around -
But that’s a tradeoff and really goes into personal taste of what’s ‘too much’ in either direction.

And just a little nudge to make sure you saw my edit addition in last post. :)

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@momofive
Raising the height of the center and adjusting the angles of the sidestones keeps the stones from wrapping around -
But that’s a tradeoff and really goes into personal taste of what’s ‘too much’ in either direction.

And just a little nudge to make sure you saw my edit addition in last post. :)

HI. Thanks. I didn't see your edit. (I don't know why I'm not getting notifications - I checked it off). No. he doesn't have the stones. He did ask for the sizes, so I brought them to a little local store near me (on vacation) and they gave me sizes for the pears. I will send him the stones and then ask him for a wax mold. I think that will be the best way to tell.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All. Here are the glamour shots from DK for my emerald. I decided to forgo the rounds. One of the pears is my original engagement ring so I'm happy that will be back on my finger. DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-2.jpg

Attachments

• DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-3.jpg
    DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-3.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-4.jpg
    DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-4.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157.jpg
    DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 26

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All. Here are the glamour shots from DK for my emerald. I decided to forgo the rounds. One of the pears is my original engagement ring so I'm happy that will be back on my finger. DKPV2021___09__06____95157____95157-2.jpg

Gorgeous! Good choice on forgoing the rounds and so neat that you're able to wear part of your original e-ring again. Enjoy this beauty!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!! So rich the YG and the emerald. And I’m so happy you can wear your OG diamond again! Win win!! Enjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yowza! It's gorgeous! Please come back with hand shots!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Good choice on forgoing the rounds and so neat that you're able to wear part of your original e-ring again. Enjoy this beauty!

Thank you. Yes, I decided simple is better in this case. I had an inspo photo with the rounds, but couldn't tell the size of any of the stones. I'm terrible when it comes to sizes of rings. I can't picture in mm's, give me it in inches and I'm good! LOL

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I love this!! So rich the YG and the emerald. And I’m so happy you can wear your OG diamond again! Win win!! Enjoy!

Thank you!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous green!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Amazing color!!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a hand shot. Video to follow

IMG_3425.jpeg

That's gorgeous! And the color of that emerald! Yowza!! I'm glad you could use your ering stone too-makes it that much more special. Congratulations!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I’ve been wearing it a lot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results