shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this setting for an OEC

tnicks

Rough_Rock
Yesterday I posted in the antique section of the forum, looking for help finding an OEC. Today I am second guessing my selection as the setting. I do know I will be going with an antique cut, most likely an OEC at this point. I was wondering if anyone give their opinions on the setting in this post to go along with an OEC on a size 4.5-5 finger roughly:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-some-help-finding-an-oec.166812/

Thanks for the help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it the halo setting? Yeah, I'm not liking it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems kinda..fussy, and I wonder if it would overwhelm the stone, so that you'd notice the setting more than the oec?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just posted a long response in that thread and it got lost in cyberspace :(sad

Anyway, I'm with gypsy on that setting. I wouldn't put an OEC in it. I'd check out Beverley K settings, Pearlmans and Goodoldgold carry the line, Pearlmans has a bunch of pics and pricing on their site, if you are wanting to have a setting made. Quality and prices are very good.

Is she wanting a halo? If not, I think something like this would be great with an OEC..

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/84PP1/

tnicks

Rough_Rock
Guess I'm glad I asked. I thought I had finally found the one.

I posted this in the other thread but should probably have kept the setting discussions here. Sorry I made a mess of these two questions.

Here is another setting I know she does like from Single Stone, unfortunately their asking price puts it out of my reach. I'll check out some of the sites everyone has suggested. That pearlmans one is quite nice too!

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Much better and Beverly K has one like that. Send that to Julian at Pearlmans and ask for the Beverly K similar to it and he will help you from there.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Much better! A lot more complimentary to the stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results