shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this semi mount please!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I haven't purchased from them, but the design is beautiful and the workmanship looks good for the price. Do it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very light weight. I prefer the LOGR legacy for it's heftiness.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Are those single cut diamonds? Can you upgrade to full cut? It might make a huge difference in the sparkle.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
the diamonds are brilliant cut- or so I was told lol. It was between this setting and the LOGR legacy setting. I chose this one because the diamonds were already upgraded and the halo wasn't as wide as the LOGR. the bidding on the "legacy" settings is intense as well!! :cheeky: LOGR will not accept best offers less than 5 dollars off of the BIN.

plus Jewelleryhoo took my best offer of $200.00 with free shipping :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Candice said:
the diamonds are brilliant cut- or so I was told lol. It was between this setting and the LOGR legacy setting. I chose this one because the diamonds were already upgraded and the halo wasn't as wide as the LOGR. the bidding on the "legacy" settings is intense as well!! :cheeky: LOGR will not accept best offers less than 5 dollars off of the BIN.

plus Jewelleryhoo took my best offer of $200.00 with free shipping :appl:

That's a very fair price. Congrats!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Great price, Candice! I like the thinnner halo as well. Hope you post pics when it arrives - I'd love to hear your opinion on the workmanship and diamond quality. Are you planning to bezel-set your stone, or are you ordering it with prongs?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Great price!!!!! Go for it Dear! :appl:

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi I'm planning on bezel setting the sapphire, im wondering if this will be easy for my local jeweller to do with a pre made setting? has anyone has experience with their local jewellers and jewelleryhoo, logr with pre made bezel settings?

and yes i'll post some pics! :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$200 is a good price for the setting. I'm not experienced enough with eBay bezel settings to share advice though; I only know that there is less wiggle room compared to prong settings.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
chrono- ya i'm a bit nervous about that, the setting is for 7x7 and my stone is 7.1x7.1mm (2.05carats) i'm contemplating contacting jeweleryhoo and having prongs put in instead of the bezel....if anyone has opinions on what I should do i would appreciate it!

Mrs.H.

Rough_Rock
I would email him and give the exact stone specs - i have had him make a semi mount with a bezel set stone and gave him the exact specs and it fitted like a charm

cant wait to see finished pics!

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mrs. H
I contacted jewelleryhoo and they will customize my setting for a 7.1x 7.1 and are going to add claw prongs instead of the bezel :love:

Candice

Shiny_Rock
jeweleryhoo wants me to send them my stone, I feel more comfortable having it set locally...who has sent their stones to jeweleryhoo before to be set?

Mrs.H.

Rough_Rock
i have sent him quite a few stones, including diamonds - i trade with him off ebay which is how much I trust him and have done so for the last 2 years or more - a risk im prepared to take but dont feel right encouraging others incase something happens - im just offering my experiences so you can make your own decision.

As you have elected to go for the prong setting i would get your stone set locally - pretty easy for your jeweller to do for you once you get the setting - if you were going for bezel i would consider posting it over.

When first got him (his name is Lee) to make settings for me i explained i wanted more weight to my rings as i dont like lightweight settings - his response was that his settings were cheaper as he used less gold - once it was clear that i paid a little extra for a little more 'heft' ive been super happy with the quality for price that he offers.

Hope this helps!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve heard enough scary stories of stones “getting lost in transit”, vendor said “never received the stone” and etc to risk sending a treasured stone to a setting manufacturer to set it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results