shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this sapphire please!

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Hi I would love to some feedback on this stone. I personally love the lighter colour. I am looking to set the stone in a modern bezel set. (Will this impact the brilliance ....can you use this term with a non diamond ?!)

Fom the website....

" An icy blue with a bit of lavender, eye-clean, good proportions and excellent cutting. Also included is an AGL Prestige Report that shows no indication of heating or any other treatments.

3.29 ct, 8.55 x 7.75 x 6.03mm, VS clarity
$1750"

The last photo is taken in overcast outdoor lighting.

The stone does have a small window...would this be too noticeable when looking down on the stone?

_4154.jpg

_4156.jpg

_4157.jpg

_4158.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty color, I like blues, so that kind of goes without saying. Looks like it could have a little bit of zoning, especially in the hand pic. Tiny bit of a window in the middle, fat belly, I feel like it faces up small for it's weight, but it's a sapphire with a fat belly, so it's to be expected. I'm also more used to spinel and tourmaline, which have different degrees of density.

As for the bezel, it depends. It could emphasize the roval-ness. Typically you can't tell how a bezel will affect the brilliance of a stone unless you have it in hand and wrap some foil around it like a bezel....

Depending on how it's done, the window might not be as noticeable once set.

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much! Is colour zoning a problem? Does it mean the stone is not uniform on colour right the way through?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of considerations:
1. The stone is very light and icy and could end up looking colourless outdoors or under bright lighting. The overcast lighting is best as it is dim and allows the colour to deepen a touch.
2. The stone is cut on the deeper side so it will face up smaller than expected. However, the added depth allows it to deepen the colour a touch as well.
3. The window is very small but because the colour is so light, it might be noticeable to those who are particular about the cut. I think most people might not see it once it is set though.
4. The shape will require a custom setting since it isn't a calibrated size (9 x 8 mm). It is a cross between an oval and a round.
5. There is a tiny strip of zoning in the sapphire but it stands out because it is so dark compared to the very light body colour.

_4195.jpg

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Thankyou so much....I am learning so much!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results