shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this sapphire. Hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
I say hurry because the eba auction is about to end...

Some of you may have heard my story. I have a crazy girlfriend who won''t let me spend more than $500 on her e-ring. She wants a larger (she has big fingers), antique-ish ring with a colored center stone. We have been thinking lately about a light or off-colored sapphire. What do you think about this one--

SB140159-A.jpg

SB140159-B.jpg

SB140159-C.jpg

SB140159-D.jpg

Product type Blue Sapphire
Shape Round Brilliant
Dimention mm.(W x D) 7.90 x 6.04
Carat weight 3.19
Color Bi-Colour
Clarity Eye - Clean / VVS
Luster Top sparkling
Treatment Heated

Right now, with a few hours to go, it''s at less than $60.
I know I can''t get a $600 stone for $60, but will this one be pretty to the layman?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
dont look too bad...
If you pick it up cheap and its not 100% what you want you can always mount it and give it to someone for a birthday gift :}

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
very very pretty. gorgeous faceting

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope my English is good enough for this... you know, "if it walks like a duck and quacks" !
It''s blue, round, nicely faceted and nicely sized. If this color was on beryl, everyone would cherish the rarity... it definitely doesn''t look any worse on sapphire
11.gif

Go for it, and tell us where the darling is from
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If it remains at $60 it wouldn''t hurt to buy it.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
It''s up to $82.... The setting is $429... they charge $25 to set a stone... That brings me to $539 s/h... So... probably closer to $550 when I''m all done... She doesn''t have to know that! ;-)

What would be the highest I should go on this one? $100? I still have an hour or so...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... make sure this fits into standard setting (it''s relatively large among e-ring fare and deeper than a diamond or CZ of the same diameter would be).

Ebay is crazy. I could have this for about 100-150 across the street, so... that''s it.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
Do you mean, don''t go over $100 or $150 or is it already too high? I called the company and they said it would fit...

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
Went up to $160 and I bowed out. :(

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Going going going up too high...don''t you just hate that..ebay is so much fun and addicting,
I got my big blue whatever it is dublet today for 20 dollars, I will keep an eye out for your size stone in ebay for ya....[$$)]

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

Sasori

Shiny_Rock
Good thing you didnt continue to bid for the stone. I think the uneven bi-color and light color makes the stone unworthy of attention?

Why dont you consider a cushion cut or oval cut stone? I think they will look nice in an antique setting.

Sasori

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you want to consider aquamarine or a swiss blue topaz if lightish color is what you are looking for?

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
Well, it''s gotta'' be a sapphire. I need something durable. The reason for picking light blue wasn''t so much because I liked it intially, but because I figured that in order to get something cheap, I''ve got sacrifice type of stone (no, I want a sapphire), quality (no, i don''t want visible inclusions), size (no, my girlfriends likes ''em big and has large fingers), or color, which, to me, seems more of a personal/fashionable preference. We both agree that an otherwise pretty stone might be undervalued because it''s color isn''t what''s in or considered ideal. I actually really like the bi-color look. That was one thing that really drew me to the stone.

I''ve been looking on multicolour, and they don''t really ahve anything in this size. It''s seems like ANY sapphire this big runs for about $300!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree with you about colors-- I love unusual sapphires!
I''m sure you''ve been these already, and maybe they''re a little too small, but here are some examples to keep your hopes up-

SFA-00005-l.jpg

6mm round for $135

SBG-00002-l.jpg

5.9mm round for $59

I know if you keep looking you''ll find a great, unusual sapphire in your budget.

Oh! Here''s a bicolor I LOVE, way too small for you, but just as eyecandy.
SFA-00033-l.jpg

4.3mm for $52

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Begins, I don''t think a Zircon would be a bad choice. It''s fairly hard and as long as she doesn''t knock it around it should wear well.

At your price point, we may have to consider synthetics if you really want a sapphire.

Sasori

Shiny_Rock
I think this color change garnet looks good too, but its a tat too small :)

Regards
Ryan

color change garnet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results