shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this sapphire for an e-ring?

qusi

Rough_Rock
I've been looking for a light peachy pink sapphire for an e-ring and finding the right color has been tough. The ones I've seen are either out of my budget, poorly cut, or too intense/too yellow. I've also looked at all the threads on pinkish peachy sapphires. I found this sapphire that might work, but I was just wondering what more experienced eyes thought. Is this a fitting stone for an e-ring?

There's also a video as well: https://vimeo.com/152785105

orangish_pink_oval_sapphire_melbourne_australia_ps273a__77720.jpg
unheated_loose_natural_peach_sapphire_ps273__83773.png

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert when it comes to sapphires, but that stone does look lovely to me. I wanted to bump this for you, hopefully some more folks will give their opinion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color is beautiful and unique! As long as you are working with a vendor you trust so you can be sure that you know what you're getting and are paying a fair price I'd say go for it! :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is purely subjective on if you love it or not. I think the cut is decent as long as you are not bothered that there is some exctinction (dark areas) in the middle of the stone as viewed on the video and if the inclusion on the face of the stone is eye visible. Next area of concern is if the stone would fit a calibrated setting or if you will need a custom setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is difficult to advise when I don't know exactly what you want and your budget. I'm guess some compromise might have to be made but I also don't know which critera is a must and which can be sacrificed.

I agree with Lisa that colour is subjective. This sapphire looks more pink than peachy. Cut looks decent. Not sure whether the inclusion will be eye visible. Make sure that the vendor offers a 100% refund with no strings attached (money back, not credit and no restocking fee).

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Will most colored stone ovals have a bow tie? :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, most elongated shapes (oval, marquise, rectangular cushion) have a tendency to show bowties with a few exceptions.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure what your budget is but this sapphire from blazengems.com has been catching my since i first noticed it a few weeks ago. Sadly, it's out of our price range, but the color and cut are so pretty :) maybe it's something like what you're looking for?

http://blazengems.com/retail/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_53_64&products_id=1320 pink_peach.png

I haven't personally worked with this seller, but everyone else on this forum has been singing this gentleman's praises, saying that he's really great to work with. Hope you find your perfect stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results