shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this round diamond? Please help

xoxoxo123

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just bought this diamond and wanted to get your opinion on it? I can still return it within 30 days. I discovered this site and started learning about all these cuts.

Carat 2.02
Depth 62.40
Table 55
Crown 35.10
Pavilion 40.70
8.10 x 8.07 x5.04
IGI certificate says there’s hearts and arrows

D color. VVS1. Excellent symmetry and polish no fluorescence

HCA score is 1.4. Everything is excellent except for spread which is “very good”

I got this lab diamond for $3400, is this a good price? Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, xoxoxo123!
Numbers look good. Do you mind sharing the grading report number? We can see if there is a vendor video for it out on the web somewhere and give it a thorough assessment.

xoxoxo123

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, xoxoxo123!
Numbers look good. Do you mind sharing the grading report number? We can see if there is a vendor video for it out on the web somewhere and give it a thorough assessment.

Thanks for your reply! It is IGI report LG578327495
It said there’s a cloudy inclusion but I’m not sure if one can really see it.

What are your thoughts on the price?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS. This thread will need to be moved to the "man made diamonds" sub forum. Overall this isn't a stone I would recommend. I think you can find a nicer one!

xoxoxo123

Rough_Rock
Welcome to PS. This thread will need to be moved to the "man made diamonds" sub forum. Overall this isn't a stone I would recommend. I think you can find a nicer one!

Thanks for the welcome! May I ask why you wouldn’t recommend it? Open to learning more

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your reply! It is IGI report LG578327495
It said there’s a cloudy inclusion but I’m not sure if one can really see it.

What are your thoughts on the price?

It is hard to assess since the diamond is tilted in the video, but I'd say your chances are really good that it'll be fine.

As for pricing: not out of the realm for the extreme color and clarity grades, but they are driving the price up quite a bit.
No need to worry about cleanliness of a diamond at VS1 or better, most VS2, many SI1, and even the occasional SI2.

If you desire a bit bigger diameter/spread for the same price cap of $3400, then you have options...here are a couple of examples that I found at LooseGrownDiamond (they tend to list many of the same diamonds that Ritani does through the same virtual inventory feeds):

3.02 F VS1
40.6/35/56 combo
HPHT - no blue nuance
Hearts and Arrows designation
$2600

3.13 E VS1
40.5/35.7/56.5 combo (very fiery combo)
HPHT - no blue nuance
Hearts and Arrows designation
$2731

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results