shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this rock.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
2.056 H SI2 H&A.

BR2058HSI2N-Certif.gif

HCA scores are VG all across the board with a 2.6 TIC.

DSCN9428.JPG

There is a rather big but partly prongable inclusion on the lower left of the image. Would I have to worry about this diamond chipping from this inclusion?

Thanks in Advance.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
My opinion is that Jonathan has better diamonds than this one for sale (and he does have some great ones). However, a 2ct stone for 13k might fit your budget. You get what you pay for.

The stone is probably not eye clean, does this bother you? The stone isn't the best performer in regards to fire/brilliance/scintillation. Does that bother you? If you're looking for a 2ct stone for ~13k, then this does indeed meet the goal. Personally, I'd keep searching, or find a bit more room in my budget, or go for a smaller stone. But I'd take beauty over size any day.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's a nice stone. Surely Jonathan has better ones, but this one is not too bad. The grade-setter inclusion looks prongable... The B-scope results are good, but nothing exceptional.
Have you seen these(some of them are more expensive than the one you've posted... I don't know if it's OK for you):

http://www.goodoldgold.com/2_13ct_i_si1_h&a.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/2_02ct_h_si2__h&a.htm

DCD:
2.20 H VS1 GIA $18,983 61.8 57 EX EX None 8.33x8.38x5.16 (I'm enclosing a picture of it)

2.21 H VS1 AGS $19,523 61.3 57 ID ID None 8.35x8.39x5.13

SuperbCert
http://www.superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=265&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1

A Cut Above H&A
2.080 H VS2 60.6 55 AGS $19,656.00
Shape A Cut Above H&A
Carat 2.08
Color H
Clarity VS2
Measurements (mm) 8.31-8.33 x 5.04
Table % 55
Depth % 60.6
Crown Angle ° 34.8
Crown % 15.6
Pavilion Angle ° 40.8
Pavilion % 43
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.0 to 1.4
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert

2.20 H VS1 GIA.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Why is the picture *that* big???????!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/13/2003 1:27
6.gif
9 PM Giangi wrote:

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Why is the picture *that* big???????!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

----------------
to make you look goofy
1.gif

Swan, do you have a priority list and budget regarding what you're looking for in a diamond? Some people just want a large stone, and that's ok. Others want the best performer, and that's ok too. Let us know what you want and we can make our comments a little more useful.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
The Superbcert looks interesting...I could go with a smaller Carat stone..like 1.7+. My budget is 15k and would like to get a H&A that is Eye Clean and faces up White.

Thanks in Advance.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/13/2003 3:32:55 PM SwanSong wrote:
The Superbcert looks interesting...I could go with a smaller Carat stone..like 1.7+. My budget is 15k and would like to get a H&A that is Eye Clean and faces up White.

Thanks in Advance.
----------------
Hey Swansong-My advice to you is stick with an H or better as far as the color goes. There are varying degrees of si-1 & si-2 inclusions. Some which are more noticable and prominent than others. Both Jonathan or Barry will not steer you wrong on giving honest criticism about any particular stone you have in mind and how noticanle those inclusions might be. You can get a stone with better B-scope readings than the 1st one you described. Look at the five light views on the scope readings too & get an idea of the stone which exhibits better results in that category. You can also get an idea of how "tight" a stone is cut be taking a look at the megascope readings and seeing the largest degree of variance between all the measurements of all the angles. For example a stone with a variance no greater than .3 or .4 is cut better than a stone with let's say a variance ranging from .8 - 1.0. It's just a matter of how many hairs you want to split. If your stuck on 2 carats you might have to compromise on size a little to get the stone you want exhibiting high results. Good luck...

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The 2c mark is a mark. *If* the diamond market remains constant, a 2c stone w/ good make is going to be worth more per carat than something under the mark. Sometimes in this mark, cut can sacrifice for retention of carat weight. To what extent is the question.

Could one perceive the difference between a true 2c & one that is 1.88? Maybe not. But, pyschological - perhaps. In larger stones, you really need to pay attention to the measurements. Also, stones shy of the 2c mark are not as plentiful. Your selection will be limited.

Your eyes are the only one to determine whether this stone is for you. It sounds like a lovely diamond with a good make.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results