shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this RB!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tobwald

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

My boyfriend and I have been looking at .7 RB diamonds for several weeks, and found one that we both really like on bluenile (we are in Canada, and for online jewelers, bluenile is less expensive then Whiteflash or James Allen).

Here is the link: http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-very-good-cut-h-colour-vs2-clarity_LD01012891

and here are the specs....opinions are most definitely appreciated!

.7 GIA rating
H Color
VS2 Clarity
Very Good Cut
table: 58%
depth: 62.3%
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: very good
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle: 40.6

price: $2,394.00

I used the cut adviser tool, and it scored a 1.1

If anyone has any advice, or sees something we do not on the quality of this stone, we would highly highly appreciate hearing it! We will be getting a custom setting done so we are just buying the stone.

Thank you so much in advance!

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Well the numbers look good, but I wonder about the very good cut grade, good polish grade, and very good symmetry grade. Since you can''t get photos from blue nile, I would be inclined to stick with GIA triple excellent stones or AGS 0. Someone more knowledgeable could probably help interpret this.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 1:26:59 PM
Author:tobwald
Hi all!

My boyfriend and I have been looking at .7 RB diamonds for several weeks, and found one that we both really like on bluenile (we are in Canada, and for online jewelers, bluenile is less expensive then Whiteflash or James Allen).

Here is the link: http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-very-good-cut-h-colour-vs2-clarity_LD01012891

and here are the specs....opinions are most definitely appreciated!

.7 GIA rating
H Color
VS2 Clarity
Very Good Cut
table: 58%
depth: 62.3%
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: very good
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle: 40.6

price: $2,394.00

I used the cut adviser tool, and it scored a 1.1

If anyone has any advice, or sees something we do not on the quality of this stone, we would highly highly appreciate hearing it! We will be getting a custom setting done so we are just buying the stone.

Thank you so much in advance!
I will just fix the link

http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-very-good-cut-h-colour-vs2-clarity_LD01012891

It could be a nice diamond, can't say for sure without images such as ASET or Idealscope but BN do not provide them regrettably.

tobwald

Rough_Rock
thanks for the responses, I do have a quick question though-what is more important, good cut, or good cut adviser score? The reason I ask is because my bf and I have found some ideal cut stones, but they end up scoring worse on the cut adviser tool...if it is better to have "Ideal" cut, then we will do that instead, I just was under the impression is was more important to have a good cut adviser score? please advise!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 7:27:22 AM
Author: tobwald
thanks for the responses, I do have a quick question though-what is more important, good cut, or good cut adviser score? The reason I ask is because my bf and I have found some ideal cut stones, but they end up scoring worse on the cut adviser tool...if it is better to have 'Ideal' cut, then we will do that instead, I just was under the impression is was more important to have a good cut adviser score? please advise!
The term ideal cut only has meaning when referring to AGS0 ideal cut grade, otherwise no guarantee of a well cut diamond. So don't rely on this term especially when vendor applied - such as Ideal Cut, Premium Cut etc.

The aim with the HCA is to use as an elimination tool, you want to find diamonds which score below 2 then evaluate from there with ASET and or Idealscope images to find the most suitable. Basically diamonds which score below 2 are considered a pass pending further evaluation. The HCA isn't used for selection. With the GIA cut grades such as Excellent, the criteria for these diamonds is wide and can allow for less desirable angle combos to get the Excellent cut title, so evaluate these as above using the HCA to see which qualify for further evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results