shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this princess idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
what do you think of this idealscope image for this princess cut? there aren''t as many black spots as i would like, so the fire might not be terribly great. but overall, there isn''t much white, and it''s a pretty good, deep red color.

do you like or no?

excelidealscope45998.jpeg

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
and here''s a magnified image of the stone itself

excelimage45998.jpeg

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
maybe one last question: there seems to be a bunch of brownish/tannish/goldish coloring around the edges of the stone in that second picture. is that just the way the picture came out, because the stone is supposedly a D color? would you be bothered by that?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 11:59:34 AM
Author:sammyjoey

what do you think of this idealscope image for this princess cut?
i think it looks very nice.

there aren''t as many black spots as i would like, so the fire might not be terribly great.
there is more to it than that, black spots themselves don''t equal fire. but they will add nice contrast.

but overall, there isn''t much white, and it''s a pretty good, deep red color.
you''re right, overall not much white. the intensity of the red color has nothing to do with stone performance, it is a result of the particular set up. that said, it will still be a nice diamond, you just can''t use the intensity of red alone to judge that.
28.gif

do you like or no?
me like!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 12:03:51 PM
Author: sammyjoey
maybe one last question: there seems to be a bunch of brownish/tannish/goldish coloring around the edges of the stone in that second picture. is that just the way the picture came out, because the stone is supposedly a D color? would you be bothered by that?
the jamesallen stones all seem to have that effect. it is obviously a phenomenon that occurs with their photography set up. nothing to be worried about at all.

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
don''t mean to sound pushy, just wondering if anyone besides belle had any comments on the images

thanks

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
looks nice to me sammy, which diamond is this? was it the last one you posted about?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Belle - I also agree that JA seems to have something going on with the photography there that seems to make stones often appear brownish in photos. I wouldn''t worry if it was graded a D!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Without having the other specs, here are my initial thoughts:

The symmetry isn''t ideal, but it''s pretty good. The black spots at 12 and 6 o''clock are pretty symmetrical but the ones at 3 and 9 are slightly off. However, it looks like it has a small table, so that will help with fire. Overall, I think it has potential.

What is the price on it? What size is it? Also, the photogs at JA have some issues with their photography quality, IMO. Pics often come out wonky. If it''s graded a D, I wouldn''t worry about the apparent "brown tinge" - it''s likely just the quality of the photo.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2007 11:24:55 PM
Author: Bunnifer
Without having the other specs, here are my initial thoughts:

The symmetry isn''t ideal, but it''s pretty good. The black spots at 12 and 6 o''clock are pretty symmetrical but the ones at 3 and 9 are slightly off. However, it looks like it has a small table, so that will help with fire. Overall, I think it has potential.

What is the price on it? What size is it? Also, the photogs at JA have some issues with their photography quality, IMO. Pics often come out wonky. If it''s graded a D, I wouldn''t worry about the apparent ''brown tinge'' - it''s likely just the quality of the photo.
It''s an AGS 0 at Excel.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2007 11:07:22 PM
Author: sammyjoey
don''t mean to sound pushy, just wondering if anyone besides belle had any comments on the images

thanks
I read belle''s post and did not bother.

Most people would have done the same

I only argue with her about wine and sex and less important things than diamonds

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
images look good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results