shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this pink tourmaline

Anita38

Rough_Rock
Hello. I bought this pink tourmaline (it was sold to me as rubellite, but in my opinion it is pink tourmaline) ring on a clearance event and I am curious to hear your opinions about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-131521.png
    Screenshot_20240323-131521.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 87

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a little more purple on my screen.

I would say pink tourmaline

Rubellite needs to be more red

It’s very dainty and pretty!!!! Nice to see another tourmaline! I’m a tourmaline lover!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Well... on my screen it seems to be sufficiently red, so your eyes will have to be the final judge. But as long as you love the colour, who cares about the trade name. The only thing that matters is that wearing it gives you joy.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

This looks like a rubellite tourmaline to me. It does make a difference. Rubellite cost more than pink tourmaline, although either can be lovely gems. A first class rubellite is the color of a ruby, but other colors also can claim the name. The ring is nice. so enjoy it. I covet a ruby red one. I have two others more of a hot pink, but I love them

Annette

Solely judging by this one photo, it looks like a pink tourmaline to me. The GIA taught us that rubellite can be hot pink or pinkish-red (I've never seen a pure red tourm). Also, the redder colors are often the result of irradiation. But the important part is the saturation and whether the stone "browns out" under incandescent lighting. Rubellites do not go brown indoors like pink tourmaline.

Regardless of the "variety," this is a lovely piece! Enjoy!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know what it’s technical name is but the color is gorgeous!

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I think it has a bit too much purple to be true rubellite but I wouldn't think twice if someone told me it was rubellite. A nice color for sure.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Solely judging by this one photo, it looks like a pink tourmaline to me. The GIA taught us that rubellite can be hot pink or pinkish-red (I've never seen a pure red tourm). Also, the redder colors are often the result of irradiation. But the important part is the saturation and whether the stone "browns out" under incandescent lighting. Rubellites do not go brown indoors like pink tourmaline.

Regardless of the "variety," this is a lovely piece! Enjoy!!

Unfortunately, the browning out is the case with a lot of really beautiful Nigerian and Congo tourmaline. Beautiful play of orange and yellow but if not cut right or if an inferior quality stone, the extinction and dullness from certain angles and under certain lighting can be ghastly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results