shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this pink diamond

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Please let me know your thoughts on this pink diamond and what would be a reasonable price? Thanks so much!!!

GIA certified cushion modified brilliant

8.68 x 7.85 x 3.92mm
2.03 carat
VS1
Natural
Fancy Light Brownish Pink
Even distribution

49.5% depth
63% table
Polish: good
Symmetry: good
Fluorescence: none

upload_2019-5-12_10-31-45.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No clue what a reasonable price would be. But I really like it! I'm someone who loves brown/pink. For fancy colors, brown is less expensive than most, but pink is among the most expensive. So I'm not entirely sure how this would or should compare to other colored diamonds of that size. Do you have a video? Just would help to see light performance a little bit. Is it from one of the trusted vendors discussed here?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colored diamonds are cut for color, not optics.
This. They won't be "precision" cut usually bc the goal is to emphasize the color, not cut. It's a good thing to keep in mind when shopping and comparing.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't guess on the price. Pink is very expensive. My only concern would be it this actually has enough body color to look pink in more typical lighting. It is very light and if not on a stark white background, I wonder if you will see enough color to justify the price to you.

I'm not sure if Diamonds by Lauren offers a concierge service on diamonds they don't sell, but it would be a good question to ask them.They are great with fancies and colored diamonds. This is much smaller but gets you to their site.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/101ct-pink-si2-cushion-diamond-r8036

Another one to compare against that is closer in size and add a zero to the price of the DBL I linked to. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...k/oval-cut/2.03-carat-si1-clarity-sku-4053164

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 5 cents.
Pink diamonds are incredibly expensive. The diamond in question is only marginally pink to my eyes so depending on the price, I’d be hesitant to spend a huge “extra” premium for minimal pink colour.
That said, it’s your diamond purchase and if you love it and it’s within budget, go for it.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There are always a couple of pinks with public prices www - the look of the colour & the modifiers of pink acknowledged on the reports play out in pricing - degrees of brown / gray / orange / purple in pink mean allot & prices also vary for no other reason than availability of options at any given time & place & taste too... so I do not have an opinion on price - it is all too complicated...

& One more reference - www

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As brownish pinks go, it has a reasonable pink colour (because pink alone would be astronomically expensive). It’s on the lighter side as pinks tend to be, but it’s BIG for a pink stone. And given its size, the colour will be more apparent than in a smaller stone. It will likely look more brown in some lights, and more pink in others.

This stone alone would already be very pricey, but I guess it’s a bit of what it’s worth to you to get that colour. If you go for it, I would set it in a rose gold cup to enhance the pink. For a rough price guide? I would see if DBL has similar stones, and also what Leibish prices similar stones for. They’re the two biggest vendors I can think of that might have stones like this...

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your inputs! The stone is from a local jeweler. He said the table is really big for a 2.03 carat and faces up looking closer to a 3 carat. The color, in general, looks mostly light pink and the brownish modifier is not really visible and probably adds a little more intensity to the color. It’s really beautiful and looks even more amazing when I take it outside and see it in a sunny outdoor natural environment. However, in some normal indoor lighting conditions, the pink is a bit faded and not very apparent. The jeweler told me that even for fancy pink, the color will not always look apparent either, unless the grading goes up to a vivid or intense pink which will be an enormous price jump to over the millions.

I’ve looked through the website links some of you have suggested to find some comparable. They do vary in price substantially, even for diamonds within the same specs. I would assume a reasonable price would be to take the average or the medium of all the 2 carats with same/similar specs and pay slightly more for the larger table since it looks like a 3 carat diamond? The price increase from a 2 carat to 3 carat is almost twice as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All!
In general- I think it’s far more productive to post a price, then folks can comment on how reasonable it is, as opposed to asking members to guess.
You referred to a “large table” but what you likely meant is the spread- as the stone is far more shallow than traditional cushion cuts.
Since you’re actually looking at the stone you’re in the best position to judge if you love it.
I will add that the setting makes a huge difference in how pink a pinkish Brown/ Brownish Pink stone looks. Sometimes they pick up a lot of color. Sometimes they loose color depending on the setting and the particular diamond.
I hope this helps- and good luck whatever your choice!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There is much talk of how spread (surface / weight) is priced even for colourless diamonds.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your inputs! The stone is from a local jeweler. He said the table is really big for a 2.03 carat and faces up looking closer to a 3 carat. The color, in general, looks mostly light pink and the brownish modifier is not really visible and probably adds a little more intensity to the color. It’s really beautiful and looks even more amazing when I take it outside and see it in a sunny outdoor natural environment. However, in some normal indoor lighting conditions, the pink is a bit faded and not very apparent. The jeweler told me that even for fancy pink, the color will not always look apparent either, unless the grading goes up to a vivid or intense pink which will be an enormous price jump to over the millions.

I’ve looked through the website links some of you have suggested to find some comparable. They do vary in price substantially, even for diamonds within the same specs. I would assume a reasonable price would be to take the average or the medium of all the 2 carats with same/similar specs and pay slightly more for the larger table since it looks like a 3 carat diamond? The price increase from a 2 carat to 3 carat is almost twice as much.

I can't comment on the price or the color, from just seeing the picture. But what I will say is that no way would I pay more for a diamond because it looks larger than it's weight. You're still getting a 2.03 caratn not a 3 carat.

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I will echo the suggestion to look at Leibish and compare for prices, since they have the largest fancy colored diamonds that the internet has access to the prices that I know of. You can filter the search for "brownish pink" and the carat size. What I know is "browish" means it is about 25% brown, 75% pink. If it says "Brown Pink" it's 50-50. So if you search, pay attention to that for accuracy. As mentioned previously, the "brownish" should make it more affordable than just pink, or even purple pink.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMO if you love what you’re seeing, then that’s a pretty good sign. Coloured diamonds I shop based on how they look to me, and not what their paperwork reads as. That’s why most of mine have come from DBL, and I am actually PARTIAL to the SI2/I1/I2 stones, as long as I can’t see the inclusions. Dropping clarity grades helps with the price and in the end, colour is king. I took a very included fancy purple pink stone in to a certain jeweller who also looked at my Paraiba, which is a much more impressively sized (and beautifully coloured!) stone. The jeweller expressed doubts over the inclusions in my Paraiba, yet expressed interest in setting my I2 fancy purple pink stone, because they were drawn to its colour. No word on doubts about its clarity and difficulty setting it. I honestly think they just wanted to work with the purple pink diamond because of its colour. They kept commenting on how it was a beautiful colour. My Paraiba and this diamond are likely similarly included!!

I think that yes, even fancy pinks can look ‘washed out’ in certain lighting. Pinks themselves generally are a ‘lighter’ shade than say... yellows of the same grade.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Light brownish pinks actually can be very affordable due to less demand since most people would prefer a smaller stone with better color. I agree that you should start by posting the price. Just because the stone is shallow, you should not necessarily pay more.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please let me know your thoughts on this pink diamond and what would be a reasonable price? Thanks so much!!!

GIA certified cushion modified brilliant

8.68 x 7.85 x 3.92mm
2.03 carat
VS1
Natural
Fancy Light Brownish Pink
Even distribution

49.5% depth
63% table
Polish: good
Symmetry: good
Fluorescence: none

upload_2019-5-12_10-31-45.jpeg

I think it's pretty.
Can't comment on what it's price 'should' be.
In my avitar you can see my GIA Very Light Pinkish Brown.
I bet what you have is 100x more amazing!

Do you have any photos you have taken?

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts and expertise. The jeweler is willing to come down on the price to $120,000 for this diamond.

So far, the two comparables i was able to find online are as follow:
https://www.leibish.com/pink-diamonds/light-brown-pink-pear-36984
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...k/oval-cut/2.03-carat-si1-clarity-sku-4053164

1st diamond is a Light pink (one color grade less) and brown pink (rather than brownish pink), price $82,000
2nd diamond is an SI1, and also a Light pink (not fancy light) and brown pink (not brownish), price $107,260

Also, I understand that it’s difficult to judge the true color from online pictures, but the pink look very washed out in these two stones (this could probably be due to the one color grade down?).

Therefore, for $120,000, do you think it’s reasonable or priced too high? I’ve been wanting a pink diamond 2 carat+, and this one is within my budget. Comparing the two above stones, this diamond looks so much more beautiful in person and has a reasonable pink color compare to most other brownish pinks I’ve seen. Also, I like the look of the larger spread. Should I pull the trigger??? Please help!

Last edited:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s too high. I looked on Leibish and they had some that I would consider comparable that were $85k ish.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is way too high! Not even close to in a reasonable price range. Leibish is extremely well trusted, and their choices are much less pricey.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
$120K!.....Wowsers!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's going to "come down" to 120K? He must be starting in outer space if that's his version of coming down. No way.

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
I think it’s too high. I looked on Leibish and they had some that I would consider comparable that were $85k ish.

Thank you for the info. Can you please send me the link of the diamonds you are referring to?

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
If I propose an offer to him, what would be a reasonable offer, without offending him? A good looking 2+ carat pink diamond with a reasonable pink color is hard to come by, within my budget. I’ve seen a lot that are either too light, too brown, or very included without much brilliance. I really do like the stone, but I’m not good at negotiating. How should I approach this? Please help!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results