shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this MMD

CHCH

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First post! Buying my first diamond in order to propose.

FYI for why I'm using this website, I'm based in Australia and import duties and taxes are quite a bit so prices aren't directly comparable to international sites. This company is a wholesaler but some diamonds are available for viewing in person before purchasing. From all of my research they seem very reputable.

I've posted the URL below that has video and attached IGI cert and HCA tool outcome. The cert says it is CVD, H&A. I've just requested ASET and idealscope.

If anyone has time to help and thinks there is a better option available via Novita's search function I'd be forever grateful for your assistance. Looking for something above 2 carat, F or better, VS1 or better. Keen on choosing a lab grown diamond. Particularly keen on picking one that is available in their showroom as that will give me more comfort around buying - https://novitadiamonds.com/engagement-ring/create/diamond

Thanks everyone. Seems like a great community here. I did NOT think buying a ring would be so complex, with so many things to consider.

Novita 2.54.PNG

Attachments

• Novita 2.54.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Hello fellow Aussie :)
I can vouch for Novita Diamonds! I bought a Lab diamond from them and they were extremely helpful. I purchased one of the stones they had available in their showroom and I asked them to send me extra pics and idealscope images and they did. Unfortunately I had to return the diamond through no fault of their own and they were really accommodating. They paid for return postage and refunded me as soon as they received the diamond.
In regards to the diamond I’m not an expert but it isn’t within ‘ideal’ parameters and the HCA is above 2. But it could still be a beautiful stone, you should ask them to send you some idealscope images.
I hope this helps :)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think lab options in Australia are limited so if Novita has that stone in hand, it's worth seeing it in person (if in Melb and you can get out). If it's not quite right, they should be able to source something else for you.

The pricing isn't bad at all and comparable to With Clarity without the headache of organising its shipment to Australia.

Here is an inventory listing of that stone with a slightly bigger video: https://labdiamondlist.com.au/inventory/product-detail/CH108-34

It could just be my headachy sight but for an F, I can see some brown warmth? Definitely one to see in person.

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I bought mine from 1215diamonds as the price difference between buying in the US vs Australia m was quite significant and there were a lot more options. It cost me $50usd to post and it took only a week for the diamond to be delivered by fedex.
I had a quick look on rarecarat.com and there a quite a few options within the PS ideal parameters and they work out to be $5000AUD cheaper then the Novita Diamond one you have listed. This is one that stood out to me:

Attachments

• E7E3EEDC-633A-407F-91BA-0A09FA23CB2D.jpeg
    E7E3EEDC-633A-407F-91BA-0A09FA23CB2D.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 11
  • 4B1DCA2F-AC91-41F0-BAC0-D91EA845F2DE.jpeg
    4B1DCA2F-AC91-41F0-BAC0-D91EA845F2DE.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 7B730801-385C-40A4-9652-478F06DD9FF8.jpeg
    7B730801-385C-40A4-9652-478F06DD9FF8.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 16

CHCH

Rough_Rock
Thanks to both of you Eeveepenny and Monipod! I’m based in Syd and they’ve sent that one up from Melb so I can have a look at it in person along with others in that approx spec range next Tuesday. Will let you know how it goes! I’m certainly not going to rush the decision and probably won’t decide then and there.

I will have a look at rarecarat too, thanks for sharing that option. Even if I was still to go with Novita, understanding comparable alternatives and prices could be helpful in negotiating.

Do either of you have an opinion on whether CVD or HPHT is preferable? Or ifI should be keeping the table under a certain size? From the reading I’ve done so far, those seem to be two areas where people have differing views?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
No worries at all :) I’ve read on this forum that a table size between 54-57% is ideal

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results