carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this lab grown diamond

branmuffin10

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm considering this lab diamond:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-e-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-9449178

Would you mind taking a look at the certificate and HCA results and let me know if you think it's a good value? I'm not worried about the inclusions. Mostly about the cut and the overall look of the stone. I've read that lab diamonds can have colors that appear different from mined stones. From the photos, I can't see anything that would indicate a problem with the color. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

1599490948347.png

1599490817234.png

1599491196069.png

Attachments

• 1599490811600.png
    1599490811600.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 29

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA score is under 2 so indicates the angles work, and the higher crown / smaller table combination should increase the opportunity for 'fire' :))

I can't see any 'undertones' on my screen - D/E/F is a 'safe' place to be in MMD if one wants to avoid any potential risk of undertones (IMO) :)

Overall, my personal opinion is that it looks like a nice stone!

Check out rarecarat as well - I think that should help give some comparison prices.

(MMD prices are still somewhat all over the shop right now.)

branmuffin10

Rough_Rock
Oh wow-- rarecarat has comparable diamonds for 20% less. Thank you for the tip!

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
I second rare carat. Also check out with clarity....theyre vetted through rare carat or you can go on their own site. I got my 0.86 mrb with near perfect specs and an hca of 1.2 from them.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow-- rarecarat has comparable diamonds for 20% less. Thank you for the tip!

There's a thread in this section with a list of all the vendors we've found, which could be worth a look at, but IIRC Rarecarat is compiling a list from a range of vendors, which helps create ease of comparison!

Hopefully we can find you something awesome :))

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I got my lead from Rare Carat as well. I've enjoyed buying from JA but I have to say they don't necessarily have the best priced MMDs.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
As for the stone you posted, it's an IGI 'E' but I'm seeing a fair bit of colour. If it was graded 'H' I wouldn't have been surprised. I think you can find a truer E if colour matters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results