shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this lab created pear I bought?

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
Hello!
Was referred here to get an opinion on a diamond I just bought for an engagement ring.
it is a:
1.2 ct
I color
VS2
and ratios are awesome.
my only concern is the bow tie effect.
Attached are some pictures the jeweler sent me. I know this effect is prevalent with this cut but I know nothing about diamonds so just hoping for some advice. Would you say this amount of bow tie is normal Or should I find a new diamond?
Thanks so much for your help 9526CC16-7176-4129-8120-503C3C9A3AD1.png 476652A7-2759-4C3D-B6DD-C9DBF2FA97E2.jpeg 8C7276C8-0349-468D-B324-78E99FE1F015.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and Welcome to Pricescope @Mmonci !

We have a lab diamond forum so I'm going to ask the mods to move this.

Its here...

In the meantime, I'll just say I think it looks lovely! This is not a bow-tie IMO. Yes, that area that returns light really well will turn
dark when in bright light just like a well-cut round brilliant goes dark in bright lighting.

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
Hi and Welcome to Pricescope @Mmonci !

We have a lab diamond forum so I'm going to ask the mods to move this.

Its here...

In the meantime, I'll just say I think it looks lovely! This is not a bow-tie IMO. Yes, that area that returns light really well will turn
dark when in bright light just like a well-cut round brilliant goes dark in bright lighting.

Ah dang my bad! Thanks so much for your opinion!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah dang my bad! Thanks so much for your opinion!

No, biggie!

I find that fatter, shorter pears that look more like a round brilliant at the rounded end reduce that look you're talking about.
I* prefer the longer, more elegant shape of the one you posted (vs a shorter squatty pear) though.

How do you feel about the color (I)? Color is usually concentrated in the pointy ends of pears so at lower colors you tend to
see it more. I'm not seeing it in the pictures you posted but it could all be the lighting. Does the vendor have a good return
policy?

Edit...can they do a video for you?

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
I’m more of a fan of the shorter pear as opposed to the longer ones. The color doesn’t bother me as we are going with yellow gold and it looks great in the pictures.
As for exchange policy they will let me come in and choose another until I am pleased with what I got.
here are some links for the videos they sent, let me know if they work or not:

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
No, biggie!

I find that fatter, shorter pears that look more like a round brilliant at the rounded end reduce that look you're talking about.
I* prefer the longer, more elegant shape of the one you posted (vs a shorter squatty pear) though.

How do you feel about the color (I)? Color is usually concentrated in the pointy ends of pears so at lower colors you tend to
see it more. I'm not seeing it in the pictures you posted but it could all be the lighting. Does the vendor have a good return
policy?

Edit...can they do a video for you?

I read your comment wrong at first, I thought you were saying you like longer shapes than the one I got.
I completely agree with you! I am soooo in love with the shape of this one and everything about it, just had the concern about the bow tie on it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The videos did not work for me.

I love the shape of the stone you posted (just to be clear). The shape and ratio are perfect in my* eyes!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a very pretty stone. I do see a black inclusion in the bottom right section. I’m surprised it’s VS2 rather than SI1. Are you ok with it? Maybe when it’s very tiny you won’t see it?

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
It’s a very pretty stone. I do see a black inclusion in the bottom right section. I’m surprised it’s VS2 rather than SI1. Are you ok with it? Maybe when it’s very tiny you won’t see it?

So they called me yesterday letting me know they got it in and it was awesome in person. I am very happy with the purchase. It showed very little if any at all bow tie and sparkled like crazy.

Mmonci

Rough_Rock
The videos did not work for me.

I love the shape of the stone you posted (just to be clear). The shape and ratio are perfect in my* eyes!

It won’t let me upload the videos from my phone /:
I went and took a look at it yesterday and was very happy with it.
Thanks so much for your opinion along the way

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results