shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this gcal 8x?

love2sparkle

Rough_Rock
I purchased this diamond and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t know if it’s the size or what but it doesn’t seem as clear and sparkly as my larger lab diamond. Now I’m thinking maybe the clouds listed as inclusions for VS2 clarity may be why. I still have a few days to return it so I’d appreciate any insight from the experts here. thank you!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful to me but if you don't love it than return it.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @love2sparkle! I’m no expert, but here are some questions for the experts @Kim N @DejaWiz and @Karl_K and others.

Is there some pavilion twist going on? Plus it doesn’t seem to be as edge to edge bright as some other diamonds I’ve seen. Might that be from some painting & digging? Also, @DejaWiz brought up the ring of death on another thread. Is that also possibly going on here? Lastly, there’s no blue nuance to my eye, but is there a grey tinge?

I’m not sure the clouds are the factor.

Again, I’m not sure that any of these factors are in play, but I know that these can sometimes explain why a stone with good proportions isn’t performing optimally.

And, of course, as @Jax172 wrote, off you’re not happy with it, return it no matter what the certificate says.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cut of the stone is fine as are the performance images.
Im not at my computer to check the 360 for crystal issues.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is there some pavilion twist going on? No Plus it doesn’t seem to be as edge to edge bright as some other diamonds I’ve seen. huh? no evidence of that Might that be from some painting & digging? Not enough to hurt anything Also, @DejaWiz brought up the ring of death on another thread. Is that also possibly going on here? No Lastly, there’s no blue nuance to my eye, but is there a grey tinge? I didnt check that because im not at my pc.

I’m not sure the clouds are the factor. Possible

Again, I’m not sure that any of these factors are in play, but I know that these can sometimes explain why a stone with good proportions isn’t performing optimally. Very close wearing dark clothing it might be a little more contrasy than some but not enough to call it a performance hit.
And, of course, as @Jax172 wrote, off you’re not happy with it, return it no matter what the certificate says. Yes

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Karl_K! A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing :lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you don't love it, then trust your eyes and your instincts: return it. There are so many diamonds out there to pick from, so no need to settle.
We can definitely help you find some great candidates to pick from: what carat, color, and clarity ranges are you wanting to stick to and what is your budget cap for just the loose diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results