shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this EC from ERD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''d love to get your opinions on a stone that Mark at Engagement Rings Direct located for me. He''s working on providing a Sarin report but there are no ASET/Idealscope images available.

Here are the specs:
Size: 1.50 carats
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Table: 65%
Depth: 66.6%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Dimensions: 7.80 x 5.75 x 3.83

Thanks!

ERD_1.5_G_VS2.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here''s a close-up shot...

ERD_1.5_G_VS2_lrg.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks blecky to me but cant tell if it is the bad pics or the stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell. Looks like it has the same problem (dead and dark, not bow tie) as the oval Haven posted. So I''m inclined to think (and not for the first time) that Mark seriously needs to improve his photo set up. I can tell he''s changed it. But man, not a change for the better.
38.gif
What did Mark say? He''s got a good eye (just TERRIBLE pics), did he say it was bright and lively and wonderful?

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the feedback! Mark says the diamond is beautiful and the shape is very good. So maybe it''s just the photos?

I''m really new at evaluating close up shots. Can you tell me what you''re looking for in the photos specifically? I know it''s kind of hard to describe, especially when it comes to EC''s...

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here''s the Sarin report I just received from Mark...

ERD_sarin2.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
It is so hard to tell from these pics because the diamond is tilted to the side and the light source is coming from above. Seriously, if Mark says it is great then I would trust it but I would have him take more pics. See how the corners on this one meet in the middle? I like that much better than the WF one.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Now I can really tell the difference between the ERD photos and the WF photos. These responses are definitely helpful. Thanks everyone!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
bump for peaches!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
EM1: somehow I didn''t see this response until today! Sorry I missed out on this link and thanks for the suggestion.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results