shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizmccard

Rough_Rock
I''m considering this diamond and would like the opinions of you wonderful members of pricescope!
36.gif
What do you think of the idealscope image? Thanks in advance!

Round
Carat weight: 0.84
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.9%
Table: 54.6%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Neglible
Measurements: 6.03*6.08*3.75

Crown Angle: 34.8°
Crown %: 15.90
Pavillion Angle: 40.7°
Pavillion %: 42.80

5003116id.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it.
It looks like one I'd buy.
I like the size, clarity color and with an HCA of 1.2 it is a strong contender.
Plus the specs are from AGS, a very highly-respected lab.

Many people would drop the color and clarity to get a larger stone but not me.
Some people don't like to pay for higher clarity than they can see with the naked eye (about VS2).
If you have already seen for yourself how the colors and clarities look and still want G VVS2 go for it.

If not find out if high clarity and color is worth it to you.
Find a place with lots of loose stones to compare.

lizmccard

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kenny! I haven''t viewed this diamond personally because it is online. I have visited many stores with H&A diamonds that were gorgeous, but were G-H, VS2-SI. I''m a VERY particular person and thought I had to have D-F with no less than VS1 to have the most brilliant, fiery diamond....am I too hung up on these specs? I can''t even consider looking at diamonds that aren''t H&A''s. Your honest opinion is greatly appreciated.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a beautiful diamond. However, there is basically *no* visible difference between a VVS2 and a VS2...or maybe even an eye-clean SI. If you want to save some money you really really can go down in clarity and probably even color. I really wouldn''t worry about it as much as you are.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2006 10:36:56 PM
Author: lizmccard
Thanks Kenny! I haven''t viewed this diamond personally because it is online. I have visited many stores with H&A diamonds that were gorgeous, but were G-H, VS2-SI. I''m a VERY particular person and thought I had to have D-F with no less than VS1 to have the most brilliant, fiery diamond....am I too hung up on these specs? I can''t even consider looking at diamonds that aren''t H&A''s. Your honest opinion is greatly appreciated.
no, absolutely not. but if it is what you want, then that is fine.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 10:36:56 PM
Author: lizmccard
Thanks Kenny! I haven't viewed this diamond personally because it is online. I have visited many stores with H&A diamonds that were gorgeous, but were G-H, VS2-SI. I'm a VERY particular person and thought I had to have D-F with no less than VS1 to have the most brilliant, fiery diamond....am I too hung up on these specs? I can't even consider looking at diamonds that aren't H&A's. Your honest opinion is greatly appreciated.
Color and clarity are not what make a diamond brilliant and fiery. That is all about the cut.

To illustrate, there are women on here with J, K, SI1 and SI2 that are outstanding, because they are well cut.
2.gif

But that is a beautiful IS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results