shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttieu

Rough_Rock

I was wondering what everyone thoughts on this diamond and it''s price are:

Round Brilliant
7.63 - 7.70 x 4.71 mm
1.71 carat
color: H
clarity: VS1
cut: very good
total depth: 61.4%
table size: 62%
crown angle: 35.5 degree
crown height: 13.5%
pavilion angle: 41.6 degree
pavilion depth: 44.0 %
star length: 55%
lower half: 90%
girdle: medium to slightly thick
faceted: 3.6%
culet: none
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
fluroescence: none

Price: $12,600

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Table is too big, crown/pavillion angles not great. You can find a stone with a better cut.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Argh, wrote out a big response and lost it. Anywho, you can do better!

Use the HCA (up at the top of page under tools) to help weed out stones that aren't desirable. I'll give you your results and you can see what I mean. You want a score of 2 or under.

Don't know why I can't get the results to copy, but the stone got a 6.5, Fair.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The image shows the results of putting some parameters into the do it yourself AGA Cut Class grading tool. It comes out a decent diamond, but not ideally cut. It is not necessarily a bad choice. The price is a factor.

Use the Pricescope search to see what diamonds like this or ones cut even better are selling for and you will have a pretty good set of facts to work with.

cut grade.JPG

ttieu

Rough_Rock
Ellen, if it scored a fair on the cut, why did GIA give it a grade of very good?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its angles don't fit in GIA EX parameters.

How did you come across this stone?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 4:34:05 PM
Author: ttieu
Ellen, if it scored a fair on the cut, why did GIA give it a grade of very good?
If I''m understanding your question, because GIA includes this type of stone (called a steep/deep) in that category. The HCA is different, and penalizes that type of stone.

I''m not sure where you are in regards to diamond buying, but if you''re just getting started, I would recommend reading the tutorial section here, there''s a wealth of info! Also, I''ll include a thread on GIA grading, it might help also. There are great GIA stones out there, but they require more knowledge in finding them.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gia-ex-let-the-buyer-beware.41371/=

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results