shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock

Yeah that looks nice. Well proportioned.

TBH, the 1.5 just didn’t pop like the 2. Looked nice. But that 2. Wow. Gave me butterflies.

Anxious to see how this one is gonna look with the hearts and arrows (ACA).

The try ons were lab diamonds in a local store.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Reply from WF

I have confirmed that the diamond is eye clean from normal viewing distances. After viewing the diamond with magnification, it may be possible to see the white crystal from 5-6 inches in the right lighting, but I do think there is a high probability that the crystal will be covered with a prong once set.

@musicloveranthony

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
This is the plot diagram for the white crystal location. IMG_4279.jpeg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
This is the plot diagram for the white crystal location. IMG_4279.jpeg

That is definitely one worth looking at in person. See how your eyes react to it. I have a feeling the overall brightness and beauty of the stone will make that inclusion pretty unremarkable. BUT that's hard to say until you see it yourself. They have a great return/exchange policy if you see it in person and can't live with it

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
That is definitely one worth looking at in person. See how your eyes react to it. I have a feeling the overall brightness and beauty of the stone will make that inclusion pretty unremarkable. BUT that's hard to say until you see it yourself. They have a great return/exchange policy if you see it in person and can't live with it

Seeing it in person is the tricky part. We’d have to get the diamond, look at it, send it back to put it in the setting.

The diamond would be returnable, but the setting would not be because it has to be “tweaked” for the size of this diamond.

Ugg. What to do.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock

I think this is the correct approach. Reading their loose diamond policy, before it’s set, they send a tool kit that consists of a hearts and arrows viewer, stone holder , and cleaning cloth.

Do you have any other recommendations to view the diamond before we decide to purchase? If it looks eye clean from what we can visually see without a scope. - good enough?

Looking thru their other comparable diamonds, this one has the best plot diagram. The crystal is white, it’s on the side, can probably be covered with a prong, and I’m not seeing anything else alarming on the diagram. The table looks completely clear.

The other ones have many more inclusions and they are in the center of the stone.

better to see the diamond before setting it.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Crazy question.

My finger size is a 6.25. Is this going to be too big? Tried on a 1.5 and a 2 at retail stores. The 2 had more presence. Definitely popped! 1.75- not enough of a difference either way. The 1.5 looked nice too. I don’t want it to be “gaudy”. Just elegant and beautiful. Not too much, not too small. Good proportions with my hand.

It’s hard to tell with a quick try on.

Two will be great and it will feel big on your hand for about as long as you cannot stop staring at it! It gets comfortable very fast. I went from a 0.33 to a 1.97 to a 2.3 and now waiting on a 4.3tcw 3 stone. And my ring size is 5.5. DSS is very real! Good luck. Hope you love it!

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Two will be great and it will feel big on your hand for about as long as you cannot stop staring at it! It gets comfortable very fast. I went from a 0.33 to a 1.97 to a 2.3 and now waiting on a 4.3tcw 3 stone. And my ring size is 5.5. DSS is very real! Good luck. Hope you love it!

Jim is ready to just do the deal and not look back. I’m the skeptic that wants to get the diamond here first, see if that one white crystal is a deal breaker before it’s mounted in the setting that’s not returnable, and visualize it thru their scope and a 10x loupe.

I found this one on Amazon I could buy to see the details.

Jim says I overthink everything. He’s the one that wants to make the decision and just do it.

It looks good in the pictures, the video, and the report. But that crystal :confused:

WF said it could probably be covered by a prong. I just don’t know!!!

I’m learning as I go.

JARLINK 30X 60X Illuminated Jewelers Loupe Magnifier, Foldable Jewelry Magnifier with Bright LED Light for Gems, Jewelry, Coins, Stamps, etc https://a.co/d/bOdysL5

IMG_4265.jpeg

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
And the feather on the bottom diagram :confused::confused::confused:

The proportions are perfect!

The struggle is real!

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Screenshot of the diamond’s image, cropped, and enlarged on my phone.

Anything alarming?

Even if I get the loupe, being far from a diamond expert, how am I’m going to be able to know- good or bad?

IMG_4278.jpeg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think with the dazzle on this diamond you won’t see the crystal. I am not an expert, but that is why you have the wonderful, helpful people on PS. Get yourself a stone ring holder from Amazon, (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0919XX68M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) and once you get the stone, polish it with the cloth and try not to touch it, put it face down and pick it up with the ring holder. Then, wear it around the house and outside and view it in all types of lighting. Hopefully it will be perfect in your eyes! Take some videos and post here.

Good luck!

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
I think with the dazzle on this diamond you won’t see the crystal. I am not an expert, but that is why you have the wonderful, helpful people on PS. Get yourself a stone ring holder from Amazon, (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0919XX68M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) and once you get the stone, polish it with the cloth and try not to touch it, put it face down and pick it up with the ring holder. Then, wear it around the house and outside and view it in all types of lighting. Hopefully it will be perfect in your eyes! Take some videos and post here.

Good luck!

Whiteflash sends a stone ring holder, a hearts and arrows viewer, and a cleaner for loose diamonds only. 30 day return policy.

I found This loupe for $11 on Amazon

JARLINK 30X 60X Illuminated Jewelers Loupe Magnifier, Foldable Jewelry Magnifier with Bright LED Light for Gems, Jewelry, Coins, Stamps, etc https://a.co/d/fvGR5Of

Jim said again he just wants to order it set and get it done.

Me- I’m the ocd anal one. I want to feel 100% confident in this purchase.

I want to also take it to an independent jeweler to confirm it’s a great diamond without any deal breakers.

Jim thinks these are unnecessary steps. He said that much trouble gives him anxiety. Me, buying a diamond at this price gives me anxiety.

Huge purchase. I want to know 100% this is the right one.

The 2 inclusions, the white crystal and the feather gives me pause. I know, No diamond, especially a VS2, is going to be perfect. I think, I’m definitely not an expert, the inclusions are on the side, not on the table. That makes me feel better.

I’m sure it’s beautiful, but I why not look first before we pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
I think that crystal will be difficult to see due to the mad sparkles!

I agree, but I need to know. I’ve never seen an ACA (or heard of a hearts and arrows diamond before. I’ve heard AWESOME things about them and that WF is an excellent dealer. But I want to see it for myself first.

Last edited:

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Plot diagram showing the feathers. I read These are cracks. This also gives me pause.

Am I being overly picky?

Jim is the type “buy it move on.” He’s a fast decision maker and doesn’t look back.

Me, I’m the researcher. I want To know every little detail and learn as much as possible. (This isn’t just with a diamond :lol-2:)

We make a good balance.

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 6

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
I’m second guessing myself- getting the diamond loose, inspecting it, then send it back to get put it in the setting.

I pulled It up on my very large computer work monitor. Closely studied the brilliance video. I see nothing. Maybe a tiny spec. If that spec is the crystal- I’m golden. If they can hide it with a prong. Wow. It’s going to be beyond ideal in the clarity. Per the diagram, there is nothing in the center of the stone. Inclusions only on the side. Crystal is white. Confirmed by WF.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I think odds are good that it’ll be eye clean in person. I have seen 3 hearts and arrows cut 1.7 carat VS2 clarity with crystals right under the table. In person without a loupe I can only start to spot the crystals in 2 of them if I look at them within 6 inches of my face. But if you are in no rush it doesn’t hurt to see it loose first to set your mind at ease.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you’re feeling and you are doing the right thing. Tell Jim it’s better to have a little pain now, then a lot of pain if you’re not happy for the next 25 years!

cmsmarks

Shiny_Rock
odds are that if you take a stone you have "acquired" to an independent jeweler they will tell you they have a much better stone available (and it most likely won't be any better, and certainly not much better) Unless, of course, they actually do have a 'super ideal' (which is highly unlikely).

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
I think odds are good that it’ll be eye clean in person. I have seen 3 hearts and arrows cut 1.7 carat VS2 clarity with crystals right under the table. In person without a loupe I can only start to spot the crystals in 2 of them if I look at them within 6 inches of my face. But if you are in no rush it doesn’t hurt to see it loose first to set your mind at ease.

(Deep breath)

just got off the phone with WF. Per our conversation, she thinks this is a fantastic diamond choice. The inclusions on the side are the best case scenario for a VS2. She said nothing is on the table or in the center of the diamond. Can’t get any better than that. If it hadn’t been for those two crystals it would have been graded much higher.

She thinks they will be able to either hide the crystal under the prong or so close to it, it will be unnoticeable. Bearing location of the inscription.

The 3 small feathers- absolutely nothing to worry about.

The crystal- since it’s white, she said Brittany noted it “might” be visible at 5-6”. I’m 52. I can’t focus to read at 6” without my 2.0 readers :lol-2:.

She said with the amount of sparkle, highly unlikely I’ll even care about it and it’ll be so distracting I won’t notice it.

Her recommendation- go for it. Worst case scenario, I have 30 days to return the diamond.

The size freaks me out too. What if I get it and it’s too big? (I’m sure that’s a dumb question…:lol:)

Going for it.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
odds are that if you take a stone you have "acquired" to an independent jeweler they will tell you they have a much better stone available (and it most likely won't be any better, and certainly not much better) Unless, of course, they actually do have a 'super ideal' (which is highly unlikely).

I thought About that.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Do y’all think going for it is the right thing? In one way, it does allow us to see it in the setting and if they can hide it.

It is still returnable. Only the setting will not be because I’ve picked out a Vatche Felicity. Vatche needs to tweak it slightly for the 2 carat. That is considered a customization. But can use it for another diamond if we don’t like it with a 1/2 price credit.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
The setting I have picked out. He needs to modify the band width to make it proportional to the diamond size and give it more security. He said a 1.6 mm is too narrow for a 2 carat diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Anna Norris, that is a beautiful setting. I'm not an expert but I really think the diamond is going to sparkle so much that you won't even see the crystal. I get it, it's a big and nerve-wracking purchase! I'm excited for you. The size is going to look very tasteful and elegant on your hand IMO. I truly hope you love it!

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Y’all are way more knowledgeable than me. This isn’t that bad is it? The crystals are white. No black spots. I don’t see anything else.

Would y’all just go for it?

(Breathing in a paper bag)

IMG_4285.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ultimately, the decision is yours. There are many, many folks here (including myself) that have purchased and enjoyed ACA diamonds. You can search for many threads that include ACA diamonds. G, VS2 is a great spot so I am thinking that you will be very pleased. Two carats is a great size as well and should look very nice on your hand. If you went smaller, the dreaded diamond shrinkage syndrome would set in faster than you can imagine given the fact that you weren’t wowed by the 1.5 or 1.7. The beauty of purchasing from Whiteflash is that you are never stuck - you can return or trade in and that is a huge plus. Not all jewelers are that generous with their policies.

Anna Norris

Rough_Rock
Think that looks ok. This is way bigger than mine. IMG_4287.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results