shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond?

tigger7222

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this diamond that I currently have on hold? https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.64-carat-h-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1881117?a_aid=dmnd1357&chan=x

HCA is 2.5, so a little higher than the desired <2.0. Attached is the idealscope. Looks like there is light leakage at the 12 and 1 o'clock position, but will that make a significant difference?

I was concerned about the white cloudy looking things on the right side of the diamond and top left area but JA said it should blend right in. Would you guys agree with that assessment? Would this diamond be considered "eye clean"?

Chose the H color because I would like to put this in a halo setting.

Price is $9900, budget is $10k.

Thanks for the help!

_1491.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pass. The clarity alone is enough to disqualify it. It looks cloudy on the video. The stone is noticeably negatively impacted by the wisps and clouds.

tigger7222

Rough_Rock
Dang! Thought I found a good one. Thanks for your response Gypsy!
If I wanted to put my diamond in a halo do I really need to go with h color or higher?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. You can go with an I. But the better question is: in a halo are you going to be able to tell the difference between 1.5 and 1.6? The answer there is no as well.

So I would go down a little in size and color and go up in clarity and cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results