shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RIONE

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am looking for an opinion on this Diamond. I viewed this stone in various lighting situations and it seemed to look great in all settings, totally eye clean and bright. I also took a look at it with an Ideal Scope and there didnt seem to be any light leakage. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GIA Report:

Carat Weight: 1.24
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Faint

Table: 59%
Crown Angle: 34.0
Crown Height: 14.0%
Star Facets: 55%
Girdle: medium-slightly thick (4.5%)
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Pavillion Depth: 43%
Total Depth: 60.9%
Lower Girdle Facets: 75%
Culet: none

RIONE

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention that its shape is Round Brilliant and its mesurments are 6.88 - 6.91 x 4.20 mm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks promising, do you have an Idealscope image to post? If you haven't done this test try it, bend over the diamond to see if it darkens, this is obstruction that some borderline shallow stones can show, if it doesn't darken or it does and it doesn't bother you then thats fine.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good then.

RIONE

Rough_Rock
No, I don’t have an ideal scope image to post. However, I did view the stone under the ideal scope and I didn’t notice any light leakage. We also viewed the diamond next to another diamond we were considering and the ideal scope for this particular diamond out preformed the other consideration. Also, my girlfriend held this stone right up to her eye on several occasions and in several different light settings and never complained of it darkening, so hopefully that’s a good sign in terms of obstruction.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 10:46:29 AM
Author: RIONE
No, I don’t have an ideal scope image to post. However, I did view the stone under the ideal scope and I didn’t notice any light leakage. We also viewed the diamond next to another diamond we were considering and the ideal scope for this particular diamond out preformed the other consideration. Also, my girlfriend held this stone right up to her eye on several occasions and in several different light settings and never complained of it darkening, so hopefully that’s a good sign in terms of obstruction.
Next time you see the diamond, bend your head and upper body slightly over it to see if it darkens, chances are it won''t but doesn''t hurt to check.

RIONE

Rough_Rock
thanks for all of the comments...I will try this obstruction test next time I see the stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 11:15:24 AM
Author: RIONE
thanks for all of the comments...I will try this obstruction test next time I see the stone.
Sounds good, it should be fine but worth just checking, let us know how you get on!

Here is a video which shows obstruction which is sometimes found in shallower proportioned diamonds, this one is on the edge so it could be fine but best to check

http://diamondscope.pricescope.com/

RIONE

Rough_Rock
How do the star facet percentage, the lower girdle facet percentage, and the table percentage affect the angles on this diamond?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results