shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone... first time E-ring buyer here and I think I have a stone picked out. It''ll be set on a simple solitaire Tiffany-styled setting.

Carat: 0.73
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: IDEAL
Shape: Round
Depth %: 59.4
Table %: 60
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.86*5.89*3.49
Lab: GIA
Crowne: 33.5
Pavilion: 41
Clarity Characteristics: Cloud, Crystal, Feather

I ran it through the Cut Adviser and it scored a solid 1.6.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. Have you seen the stone in person? If from an online vendor, any chance of getting an Idealscope image for the stone?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The table is a little large for my personal taste, but on the flip side if you like bright white light return (versus fire) and if you want a great spread this stone has it.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. So if I understand correctly, fire is the speckles of color that bounce around inside the diamond and ice is the overall white brightness of the stone? How does this stone stack up actual size-wise to other .7-.75 carat stones?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:56:24 PM
Author: arobertson
Thanks for the input. So if I understand correctly, fire is the speckles of color that bounce around inside the diamond and ice is the overall white brightness of the stone? How does this stone stack up actual size-wise to other .7-.75 carat stones?
Bright light is white light coming off the stone and fire is colored light coming off the stone. Both are sparkles, just different kinds. This stone faces up slightly large for it''s size, but the trade off is that it will lack colored light return (personally my favorite kind of sparkle).

arobertson

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Is the table abnormally large or just or the larger side? I do like white light a bit more but it the stone will severely lack fire, I might shop around.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
How about a 62%/56% cut? Is this a good combination?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
to consider a combination, the table, crown angle, and pavilion angle are required.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
How about 56% table, 62% depth, 34 and 41.2 for crown and pavilion.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA gave it a 3.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 4:18:52 PM
Author:arobertson
Hello everyone... first time E-ring buyer here and I think I have a stone picked out. It''ll be set on a simple solitaire Tiffany-styled setting.

Could be a nice diamond, can you request an Idealscope image for it from the vendor?

Date: 2/3/2009 4:18:52 PM
Author:arobertson

One thing to consider is that GIA doesn’t give an Ideal cut grade. Seeing as how this diamond has very good polish it would be impossible for it to be Ideal at AGS. While very good polish isn’t different to human eyes than excellent polish that detail is still something AGS takes seriously. So whoever named this Ideal has different criteria than AGS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results