shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bomber1

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

After receiving a ton of advice from you all in the search for my fiance''s diamond, (and finding a great one) I am now helping out my cousin with his search and am now posting for him and was hoping for some input. We found an AGS 000 H&A on Good Old Gold. The stats are:

E
VS 2
Table 56.53
Depth 60.54
Crown 34.78
Pavilion 43

The link to the page is http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1171/

There is a ton of info on th page about this diamond which is very informative. It is going for around $18,000.00.

He lives in DC but we were thinking of sending it to Dave Atlas for the appraisal if he buys it. Any input, opinions or comments on this diamond would be really appreciated. Thanks for all the past and present help!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Table Percentage: 56.53%
Depth Percentage: 60.54%
Crown Angle: 34.78°
Pavilion Angle: 40.79°

You accidentally gave the Crown Angle and the Pavillion depth. The E is overkill, but otherwise it looks very nice and scores well on the HCA.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it looks nice. How about this one? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2716/

It is a G and since is the best cut there will not be much difference from the E and G except size is bigger and price better!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Bomber,

1) The one you picked is a nice one, and I guess competitively priced relative to ones like it...
2) I''m near DC, too.
3) if you friend would drive to Philly, he could consider just keep on driving and pull up to GOG
4) For this diamond''s characteristics, though, in consideration of going to Philly, he could then source the diamond anywhere,
5) and with those characteristics...I find huge variance in the possible cost basis...
6) in consideration of this one, for example, where your choice adds a 50% premium

Just some thoughts. I''m a fan of both G0G & WF, btw...

avlis

Shiny_Rock
it looks good as long as you dont mind the painted girdle.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:37:01 PM
Author: Skippy123
I agree it looks nice. How about this one? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2716/

It is a G and since is the best cut there will not be much difference from the E and G except size is bigger and price better!
Can''t argue with that!!!! Nice find Skippy!!! Have to say I like the E as well. Depends what your cousin wants...

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:42:32 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Bomber,

1) The one you picked is a nice one, and I guess competitively priced relative to ones like it...
2) I''m near DC, too.
3) if you friend would drive to Philly, he could consider just keep on driving and pull up to GOG
4) For this diamond''s characteristics, though, in consideration of going to Philly, he could then source the diamond anywhere,
5) and with those characteristics...I find huge variance in the possible cost basis...
6) in consideration of this one, for example, where your choice adds a 50% premium

Just some thoughts. I''m a fan of both G0G & WF, btw...
Seeing as how this is the 2nd thread that stones popped up in...I call that diamond is gone by wednesday!

bomber1

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies so far everyone. It seems as though most of you think that going down from an E to a G or VS 2 to SI 1 would be a good path to take in light of the significant derease in cost. Right? Do you all think that the E color might not be worth the 6 or 7 thousand extra? It does make sense if Iget what you guys are saying.

And thanks for the correction on my stats there
emteeth.gif

And also the links to other diamonds. I will show them to him.

Thanks!

bomber1

Rough_Rock
Hey jake is therea link to that other thread? Lol

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah, I think most would say it's not worth it. would rather put that money into a truly amazing setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:37:01 PM
Author: Skippy123

bomber, this is a nice pick, and no, a G is not going to show color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results