shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

new here. Would like your opinions on this diamond:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00106713&filter_id=0

Thank you.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome ff
35.gif

it looks like you picked a very nice diamond! well done.
36.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Belle,

It''s for my girlfriend (engagment ring) so want to make sure I''m making a wise choice. Any details about it that you like or don''t like?

Thanks!

FF

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''m not Belle, but I agree. The AGS0 helps a lot..and is most of what I noted.

Congrats!

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ira!

I''m very new to all of this and tried to do as much reading as possible. The info on Pricescope has taught me a HUGE deal and I felt much better prepared.

I just wanted to make sure to get some opinions from all the forum members here as I''ve read and learned a lot from all your posts and figured you''d spot anything that I missed.

Thanks!

FF

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
should be a winner!

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kcoursolle!

I''m glad to see that so far no one is seeing anything that I might have missed on this stone. :> I have seen that all of you spot things that newcomers like myself just don''t see.

The stone has shipped so will see it in person tomorrow! Can''t wait!!!! :>

If anyone does end up spotting anything questionable, let me know! I do have 30 days in which to return it.

Here''s one thing I am actually a bit wondering about. Looking at the GCAL certificate (I''ve attached part of it here), checkout the Enlarged Photomicrograph section, Top (Crown) photo. It looks like the bottom left and right quadrants of the diamond are reflecting more light (or for some other reason are whiter/brighter) then the top half quadrants of the diamond. The same thing seems to be apparent in the Actual Size Photo at the top left. Any ideas why and/or is it anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks all!

FF

GCAL40907358_zoomPartial.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Got it in!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

It looks great and I''m running out to get a loupe so that I can see it in more detail. :> I can see why this diamond hunting is so addicting! I have had a blast doing all the research and hunting for that "perfect" (for her/me) diamond! :> I definitely see myself doing it more in the future.
21.gif
Different purpose though.
26.gif

It really does look beautiful which was a real concern buying from an online source without being able to see it first. When I put it in sunlight, it''s blinding and lots of fire/scintillation. Looks great also in ambient room light and is quite big compared to the size I was worried it would look. Some of us are on a budget you know.
19.gif
19.gif
Blue Nile also did a wonderful presentation of everything including all the documents. Really professional.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Reading all the stuff on these forums was a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE help! I look forward to staying around here!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

FF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results