shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond please

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I was going to use a .5 (not graded but has been guessed to be between .4-.5) family stone and use our budget to build a halo but am now wondering if I should just get a plain solitaire (I like thin and slightly cathedral in rose gold so blue Nile fits the brief) and put the money toward a diamond. I did a HCA and it says worth buying if the price is right and the price seemed pretty good to me. I don't need (and can't afford) the best of the best, a nice stone is enough.

_907.jpeg

_765.png

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I've also found a couple at adiamor and there is a setting I like there too, but I can't put it on hold pending opinions so am hesitant to post.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
You need to found out if the inclusions can be seen by the naked eye if you look closely from all angles above the top half.

The cut of the diamond (as shown by the certificate) may be fine, probably will be, but it helps to get an idealscope. Ask them if you can get one and then post the image here if you get it. I got my partner a diamond with the same angles but I made sure the idealscope was great... it still gets many compliments (the diamond needs to be kept clean, or it won't reflect light correctly).

If you want to keep looking then search jamesallen.com and some of the other big vendors for diamonds that fit in the general PriceScope diamond angles, and you should be fine.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
teobdl|1448680491|3954837 said:
You need to found out if the inclusions can be seen by the naked eye if you look closely from all angles above the top half.

The cut of the diamond (as shown by the certificate) may be fine, probably will be, but it helps to get an idealscope. Ask them if you can get one and then post the image here if you get it. I got my partner a diamond with the same angles but I made sure the idealscope was great... it still gets many compliments (the diamond needs to be kept clean, or it won't reflect light correctly).

If you want to keep looking then search jamesallen.com and some of the other big vendors for diamonds that fit in the general PriceScope diamond angles, and you should be fine.
I've asked them about eye clean status but they said it'll take 24 hours. Will BN provide an ideal scope? I've looked at James Allen but I really don't like their settings unfortunately.

I'm basically ready to push the button on one at Adiamor however it's outside their business hours so I can't ask if it's eye clean. So frustrating!

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Ok now I need setting help. I was going to get an adiamor one for $420 AUD http://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-Rings/Solitaire/Dainty-Solitaire-Engagement-Setting/1782 but I am tempted to cancel the setting and have them send the stone to BGD for a tapered Tiffany (I have come full circle, that was my original plan at the start of the year!) anyone who is familiar with my last post I found a beautiful halo but a halo just isn't me and I finally allowed myself to be honest about that and tell my fiancee to be that we just needed to get an inexpensive new diamond for a solitaire, which he was ok with. A BGD setting would jump out of the budget, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to like that and a adiamor one is a bit of a stab in the dark so it could be a waste of money effectively. Or will it be fine and I don't need to spend the extra almost $800 AUD?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results