shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
I''ve been shopping for a diamond with a good asscher look. I think I''m going to buy the one below. I''ve been told it''s "eye clean", and I''m going to find out the crown%. Assuming it''s crown is at least 10%, does anyone know anything else I should ask before purchasing? And does anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is a good deal?

Asscher cut
Price: $5529.
Carat weight: 1.22
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 68.2%
Table %: 59%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.96x5.95x4.06 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.00

Thank you all for your help.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a pretty stone on a surface level, the total depth and table diameter are in the right range... SI-1 Asscher's are rarely "eye clean" but we suppose that depends on your vision and the type and location of the incluions... Most round brilliant SI-1's are borderline "eye clean" and they are faceted to hide inclusions much more so than the Asscher cuts... Give the stone a careful once over when you receive it.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your opinion on this. I'm a little skeptical about the clarity myself. The GIA cert. shows a crystal right in the table, but I spoke to someone over the phone who said it was a white crystal and could not be seen with the naked eye. Now I'm not so sure I should take his word for it. By the way, do you know what crown%, pavillion, etc. I should look for on the Sarin report? I'm having it e-mailed to me.

Thanks again

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Don't take his word for it, whoever *he* is. Get it independently appraised during your return window.
1.gif

R&T have given you some excellent advice. I don't know very much about Sarins & angles as they pertain to Asschers, but I have seen that a step cut will show more body colour than a round. An H might be exactly what you're looking for, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that - I just thought I'd mention it.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the heads up on the color issue. My problem is that once I receive the diamond I wont have anything to compare it to in order to judge the color. Will my local jewelers be offended if I bring my diamond in to compare the color to some of theirs?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Look for an appraiser in you area. Check the phone book. Appraisers will have master diamonds to verify color.

Ooorrrr,.... You can have the diamond shipped direct to one of the Price Scope appraisers for independent evaluation. They will grade the cut, color, and check out light return and overall performance for you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results