shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Cushion?

SoniSparkler

Rough_Rock
This is my first time posting, so please forgive me if I come off as a newbie! My boyfriend and I have been looking for a square cushion stone for the last 3 months. So I've been lurking on PS trying to learn as much about cushions as there is so much to know. I think both the antique and modern (non-crushed ice) looks are beautiful in their own ways, so I did not limit my search to one. We contacted, GOG, ERD, WF, JA and searched locally as well. But we just didn't find anything that caught our eye and we started to get frustrated.

Last weekend we met with Perry at Leon Mege and he showed us 5 or so stones he had picked out and 1 that we had requested to see. On a side note, Perry is great to work with and very easy going. He doesn't just assess a stone based mainly on report/stats but the overall look. He first asked us what stones looked best to us before getting into color, clarity, etc.

One stone stood out to my boyfriend and I once we saw it in person. I wanted to get some opinions on this modern cushion if you don't mind, since there are so many cushion experts on here!

Carat weight: 3.45
Color: J (I know that many would not go this low with the color, but I prefer a bit of warmth in cushions)
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 64.5%
Table: 63.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 9.03*9.02*5.82
Ratio: 1.00

Picture: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1359959.asp

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :))

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very nice. But what matters most is that it stood out to you and you love it- so if you are happy with the price I would say go for it! Your eyes are the best judge :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would agree with nfowife. The specs look pretty good (to my novice eyes) and if you saw it in person, took it outside in natural light, as well as indoor lighting and were pleased with it, I think it's a nice stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it has a nice faceting pattern and looks to be pretty crisp. Do you have an aset image of it?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I like it. Faceting pattern looks nice.... Are you interested in getting an Aset? In the end, it gives you a bit more information but really, your eyes and how the stone makes you feel is the best judge - especially if you've been looking at quite a few cushions in person already.

SoniSparkler

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I plan on getting an ASET image to make sure it has good performance, but don't have one yet. I have seen it in person and thought it was very sparkly and lively, especially when held next to the vintage cushions (which were also pretty). Perry also indicated that it has good light performance and was not "large and dead" like some stones. I think this might be the one! :D Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results