shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Cushion please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?

GIA certified
Cushion Brilliant
2.22 Carat
G VS1
7.87x7.80x5.24mm
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Culet - None
Depth 67.2%
Table 58%
Girdle: medium to thick faceted

stone5.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
larger image.

stone6.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
pretty please? We''ve narrowed it down to 2 stones.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a diamond expert, but, I think the picture is really nice (depending on what type of cushion you want--the various "looks" of cushions differ so much). Maybe it''s just me, but it seems a little deep, and the girdle could be a little thick. But, what matters most is if you like it in person. Have you seen it in person? If you like it, you should go for it!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 10:12:21 PM
Author: soycoffee
I''m not a diamond expert, but, I think the picture is really nice (depending on what type of cushion you want--the various ''looks'' of cushions differ so much). Maybe it''s just me, but it seems a little deep, and the girdle could be a little thick. But, what matters most is if you like it in person. Have you seen it in person? If you like it, you should go for it!

I haven''t yet seen it in person. But thanks for your input. I think 67% depth is considered respectable depth for a cushion, no?

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:00:48 PM
Author: ddcha

Date: 4/6/2009 10:12:21 PM
Author: soycoffee
I''m not a diamond expert, but, I think the picture is really nice (depending on what type of cushion you want--the various ''looks'' of cushions differ so much). Maybe it''s just me, but it seems a little deep, and the girdle could be a little thick. But, what matters most is if you like it in person. Have you seen it in person? If you like it, you should go for it!

I haven''t yet seen it in person. But thanks for your input. I think 67% depth is considered respectable depth for a cushion, no?
Yes, 67% can be completely fine for a cushion. :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a beautiful cushion to me, a very nice "balance" stone between crushed ice and chunky.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I am no expert, but I think it looks very pretty based on the pics. Will you get a chance to inspect it in person yourself before you purchase? Or will you buy & return if you don't like it?

ETA: At 67%, I don't think it's deep, either.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:15:43 PM
Author: mscushion
I am no expert, but I think it looks very pretty based on the pics. Will you get a chance to inspect it in person yourself before you purchase? Or will you buy & return if you don''t like it?

ETA: At 67%, I don''t think it''s deep, either.
Ditto, 67% depth is not deep for a cushion. If it were a round, then it would be deep.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see how you can tell the thickness of the girdle from a face up shot like that. Looking at the specs - the girdle is perfect.

I think it is a beautiful diamond. Mine has the same facet pattern.

67% deep is great for a cushion.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your input everyone! I would have to purchase this one and then return if I''m unhappy with it, since it is out of state. I''m still a bit undecided. Price is good but not great in my opinion ($21k) for a stone I''m trying to purchase without seeing, right?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
$21K is reasonable for a 2.22 G.VS1. The pic looks great and I wouldn''t worry about 67% depth. Try asking them for ASET images. But if the return policy works for you this seems like a good option.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a pretty cushion, is it in black and white the photo?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a great cushion for that style (modern 8-main). Outline is just right to my eye - sides not too square, not too rounded. Length/width is 1.0 - hard to find that and a plus, assuming that's what you want. Depth and table are as expected for that style. I haven't tracked pricing for the last year or so but back then it would have been a *very* good price. If you see it and don't like it, I believe it will be because you simply don't like that style of cushion.

p.s. So where's the pic of the second candidate?
4.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 8:54:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
It looks like a pretty cushion, is it in black and white the photo?
yes, it''s a black and white photo that they sent me.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock

Date: 4/7/2009 10:36:11 AM
Author: elmo
That looks like a great cushion for that style (modern 8-main). Outline is just right to my eye - sides not too square, not too rounded. Length/width is 1.0 - hard to find that and a plus, assuming that's what you want. Depth and table are as expected for that style. I haven't tracked pricing for the last year or so but back then it would have been a *very* good price. If you see it and don't like it, I believe it will be because you simply don't like that style of cushion.

p.s. So where's the pic of the second candidate?
url]

Yes, we are looking for a square 2-2.5ct modern cushion brilliant with 8 mains. I don't have a picture of the second one, but will be taking a look today. Mark T will be showing me a 2.28ct H VVS2 done by a cutter whose work is amazing (one of his creations on Sunday). It's not old chunky style, but it's a lot brighter looking without that ugly crushed ice appearance. It was a modern cushion brillian. What do you think the right price is for this one?

7.90x7.87mm
68% depth
56% table
Culet: no
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: none

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results