shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Asscher/Square Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alex77

Rough_Rock
I noticed this non-branded asscher on another discussion board and found it interesting as it has 4 steps per side on the pavillion as opposed to 3 which I think is typical of most Emeralds & Square Emeralds. I think the Royal Asscher has 5 steps per side on the pavillion from memory. Are these types of Asschers very common? It''s the first non-branded one i''ve seen cut like this.

I wonder if the extra facets give it more brilliance? Somewhere between a non-branded & branded Asscher perhaps?

151FVVS1GIA_1.jpg

Alex77

Rough_Rock
20x magnification pic.

151FVVS1MAG_1.jpg

Alex77

Rough_Rock
another close up...

151FVVS1MAG_3.jpg

Alex77

Rough_Rock
and the megascope...

151FVVS1MSCOPE.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Wow! What a piece!

No, it is not all taht common to see such a great cut on ANYTHING.... and yes, makers of square emeral cuts sometimes emulate the proportions generally understood to pertain to either the branded or the old asscher. In this case, the small table does tre trick beatifully and makes the stone get a 'classic' look without the extra depth of the older stones. Very clever interpretation of the shape. Congratulations ! This looks like the pick of the crop to me
2.gif
10.gif

Could we know where is this one comming from ?
11.gif

The extra facets... it may be hard to tell what feature of the cut gives the obviously high light return of the pice (as the Iscope picture indicates), but the extra facets would add fire by bracking more of the light returned to the eye from teh pavilion facets into spectrum components (like any prism does) for all to enjoy.

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/10/2004 12:32:20 AM Alex77 wrote:

I noticed this non-branded asscher on another discussion board and found it interesting as it has 4 steps per side on the pavillion as opposed to 3 which I think is typical of most Emeralds & Square Emeralds. I think the Royal Asscher has 5 steps per side on the pavillion from memory. Are these types of Asschers very common? It's the first non-branded one i've seen cut like this.

I wonder if the extra facets give it more brilliance? Somewhere between a non-branded & branded Asscher perhaps?----------------

I think you *can* find non-branded Asschers that have more of the proportion of a the branded ones. It's just that you have to *look* and choose carefully.

I have never seen the Royal Asscher in person, however, I have heard of a few people on the board saying that the extra facets make the stone look 'busy'.

IMHO, it's a matter of opinion.
2.gif

It's most important to pick whichever style that *speaks* to you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Busy with FIRE
angryfire.gif
5.gif

Extra facets may not add more white light return, but they surely DO add something... it is a matter of taste ...

Alex77

Rough_Rock
Yep, it was a Superbcert diamond. I wonder if it was a specially ordered cut or whether he has some more of these? Looks impressive. Below is your typical Asscher/Square Emerald cut with 3 steps per side.

asscher pavstep detail.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/10/2004 1:24:36 AM Alex77 wrote:

Yep, it was a Superbcert diamond. I wonder if it was a specially ordered cut or whether he has some more of these?

----------------

'Impresive' is the word... I do not know wether Superbcert cuts the diamonds sold, but, as long as this one diamond was in their stock, they are likely to have obtained it from one of their usual sources. So more of this sort can be had. Customer who order custom cut diamonds are quite few and far between. If Superbcert can source suck well cut squares... there should be more where this came from, I would say. I have seen more of these 'near-royal-asscher' stones recently, so I would be surprised if this was a one-off
1.gif

Alex77

Rough_Rock
I'd say this is the closest you're going to get to a Royal Asscher look without breaching copyright laws. I think someone who is after more brilliance but doesn't want the stone to look too 'busy' would find this to be a happy medium between the Royal Asscher & the typical Non-branded variety with 3 steps to each side of the pavillion. Does look spectacular.

I haven't been on this forum for long but does anyone know if the guys from Superbcert post on here? Would be nice to get their input.

Alex77

Rough_Rock
The rest of the specs for the numbers geeks...

151FVVS1AS.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

Ok, what else can be great about this stone... geez !

Superbcert poster ... Barry
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results