shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this ACA Princess Diamond

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
After everyone's help here I've narrowed it down and I'm just about ready to buy.

My soon to be fiance and I stopped by Jared's ( I would never buy a diamond there) to get a better feel for things. The jeweler there showed her a GIA very good cut 1.2 ct in F color and a GIA very good cut 1.0 ct in I color. My girlfriend couldn't notice a difference from the F-I color in the store and in outside lighting conditions. The diamonds were only Very good polish/symmetry also. You should have seen the crazy $ mark-up on them.

With that said, I'm going to settle on a "I" color diamond. Is this a good stone from WF? :

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2959558.htm

Do you think this will face up very white similar to the diamonds I was shown at Jareds? It will be set on platinum. My girlfriend only cares about the top down measurements and not the depth of the diamond. This stone appears to face up pretty large and has a shallow depth. Is a shallow depth something to be concerned about?

proto

Shiny_Rock
Did you look at princess cuts in Jareds? Round brilliants face up whiter than other cuts.

As for cut quality and dimensions, its sold as an ACA so I dont even need to look at the numbers. I understand it has excellent light performance and the depth is nothing to worry about. None of the proportions are anything to worry about.

Whiteflash's ACA range is their top of the line range. They are all stunners.

you pay a premium for the cut quality (including the dimensions such as depth as you were concerned about), but you are guaranteed the quality.

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
We looked at princess cuts at Jared's, she could not see any color in the "I" color at all.

Thanks! So it sounds pretty safe going with the ACA. Just wanted to make sure the diamond looks good to the experts here!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it should be a beautiful stone. I was going to suggest to come down on clarity to save some $$$ but I see its on a few
hundred dollars more than the VS1/2s so not a big deal.

Nice stone...

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
I would come down in clarity but WF has very few ACA princess stones available close to the size measurements on this one. All the others are a lot smaller face up!

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fusionx|1428512845|3858668 said:
After everyone's help here I've narrowed it down and I'm just about ready to buy.

My soon to be fiance and I stopped by Jared's ( I would never buy a diamond there) to get a better feel for things. The jeweler there showed her a GIA very good cut 1.2 ct in F color and a GIA very good cut 1.0 ct in I color. My girlfriend couldn't notice a difference from the F-I color in the store and in outside lighting conditions. The diamonds were only Very good polish/symmetry also. You should have seen the crazy $ mark-up on them.

With that said, I'm going to settle on a "I" color diamond. Is this a good stone from WF? :

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2959558.htm

Do you think this will face up very white similar to the diamonds I was shown at Jareds? It will be set on platinum. My girlfriend only cares about the top down measurements and not the depth of the diamond. This stone appears to face up pretty large and has a shallow depth. Is a shallow depth something to be concerned about?

GIA does not give cut grades to fancy shape diamonds, are you sure that the diamonds were GIA graded? Who was calling them "Very Good"?

Joshua

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
I thought on the GIA card he showed me it said very good. I might have been mistaken. As long as everything looks good with this diamond I'm planning on getting it! I can't imagine the color would be any more noticeable then the one we saw at Jared's since this is such a superior cut.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that link! I wasn't sure how the different chevrons and facets performed. I like the look of the 2 chevron with the bigger light flashes, but I guess I'll have to find a way to find out which my girlfriend prefers!

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
She is getting tired with me trying to be a perfectionist and want's to leave things to chance but she loves how the 2 chevrons perform! She's def a sucker for big light! Thank Pricescope!

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
Update:

I bit the bullet and went with the 1.007 ACA I color. Hope I made a good choice! It should be here in a few weeks!

msf12555

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! I bet it's going to look amazing!

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
Thanks! The customer service at WF was painless and very helpful. She assured me that the I color would face up very white and that it's a great stone. 8-)

msf12555

Rough_Rock
They are pretty awesome. I'm in the middle of a purchase with them as well.

Fusionx

Rough_Rock
msf12555|1430863792|3872626 said:
They are pretty awesome. I'm in the middle of a purchase with them as well.

You won't be disappointed! I put them on a tight schedule for delivery, especially since it's going on a Ritani ring they don't list on their website but have access too and they are working with the "engineers" to get it to me on time before I go to Hawaii and propose to her!

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the purchase! Can't wait to see it :) :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results