shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this .93 I SI2 with a cavity

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am looking for a stone to go in my Scott Kay halo setting. The diamonds in the halo are H/I in color. I found this one, but I was wondering if this cavity was a big deal since it is an SI2. The vendor, a pricescope recommended one, said it was 100% eye clean. I am working with a budget under $4000, because my girlfriend insists that I not over do it. This fits my budget. It scored a 1.0 on the HCA. I thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions. I have attached the report.

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/ind...tVerification&reportno=2131668889&weight=0.93

Attachments

• .93.pdf
    541.3 KB · Views: 29

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It'll be hard to tell without photos. Can the vendor give you those? I'd trust most PS vendors if they said it was eye clean, but there are some that more known than others. Which vendor?

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
It's Since1910.com. He is going to email me the photos on Monday. He stated the cutter is not open on the weekend and he will email them then.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make sure you voice your concerns to the vendor and make your wishes known. without images/IDEALSCOPE/ASET it's hard for us to provide further indight. I would tend to trust the impit of a PS vendor as they know that any and all grievances are aired here.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Thank you for that advice. I will let him know.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is quite likely the inclusions are 'eye clean' but also possible the surface features on the crown table junction will be visible in reflected light. They may well be making the grade drop from SI1 to SI2.
Personally I do not like to have surface features near crown facet junctions from a durability point of view.
However if you do either of these 2 things I would be happy:
1. always insure the ring and keep the insurance updated (this is a warning to others also who now have undervalued jewels after the recent rises in prices).
2. or see an independant appraiser (list under resources above) and get an expert independant opinion.

The cut proportions are in a very safe great spread spot unless the stone has some tricks done and an Ideal-scope pic will allow us to tell you if that's so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results