shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this .9 I SI1 please?

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I have been looking for a while, now. I am finally ready and am thinking about reserving this diamond and having it called in. Can anyone please give me some feedback on what you think.

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.90
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 60.7%
Table: 57.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle:
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.20*6.26*3.78

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/ind...tVerification&reportno=1129329240&weight=0.90

Thank you so much for your help.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Here is the Scott Kay setting that I am putting it in. It is .74 ct of H/I diamonds.

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't LOVE it, though it gets a .7 on the HCA. It seems like the girdle might take too much of the carat weight and the crown angle seems a hair flatter to me.

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
Have you or someone seen the stone? Hard to know if it's eye clean.
GIA doesn't use "ideal" for cut classification as you stated, but the report does describe it as excellent for what it's worth.
It would be a bit more assuring if symmetry were better than very good.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback Ame. I would have never even looked at that. Cedar, the "ideal" cut was cut and paste from the vendor specs. I have not seen the stone yet. I am thinking about having a gemologist at the vendor look at it, and if I like what he says then having it shipped to an appraiser here, in Dallas.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you opposed to online purchasing? I might be easier to go with a vendor that provides photos and scopes.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Ame, this is an online vendor. I have yet to request photos. I am hoping to get them Monday and will definately post them. The vendor is a pricescope vendor.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like their virtual loupe feature, and it looks lovely in the photo. Make sure it's eye-clean to YOUR definition of eye clean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results