shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 1carat diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BossOfDOS2

Rough_Rock
I have learned so much on this forum! Thanks!!! I wanted to get input on this diamond I''m thinking of purchasing while staying under $5K. Any thoughts?

ACA H&A (A Cut Above - Hearts & Arrows)
Carat: 1.008
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 6.48-6.51 x 3.96
Table %: 56
Depth %: 60.9
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown %: 15.2
Pavillion Angle: 40.7
Pavillion %: 42.8
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Faceted 0.9% to 1.7%
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

Others points of interest;
AGS Certified
Eye clean as far as inclusions
No inclusions under table

HCA score = 0.9
Light Return = Excellent
Fire = Excellent
Scintillation = Excellent
Spread = Very good

This would be set in platinum or white gold. Will this have the dazzle I''m hoping for?!?

PRICE: $4,588

- Robert

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! It would dazzle most everyone.
10.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!!! ACA's are really gorgeous... They sparke like you won't believe... Lesley is a gem too!
1.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hi Boss,

I started a while ago looking at ACA H&A stones and they are "the safe choice" - ie. it is not an option to get a less than great stone - don't get me wrong.... however in my (humble) opinion, the ACA stones carry a rather hefty price tag for the value they bring ... sometimes it is worth it if you want the absolute best (and maybe you are in a hurry), but the 1A and 1B cuts can also offer exceptional value and you may be able to go to an HVS2 by going to an AGA 1A cut (that is what I did) - I started out looking at 2.5ct round ISI1 H&A and have ended up with a 2.4 HVS2, which has as good (or better) return characteristics than some H&A's (at 25% less cost than the equiv H&A)

In my mind it is like paying for convenience - they look fantastic, but other stones can also look fantastic - it is all about amount of time you have to invest and the risk you are willing to take (RockDoc can help you reduce this risk SIGNIFICANTLY) - the stone you have selected looks great - you will be very happy with that - if you think you may be able to do better and you have the time, then look around some more before deciding....

Just my 2c

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
PS - here is the brill scope for the 2.5ct round "NON ACA - H&A" AGA 1A stone I bought today (just proving the point) !!!

brill2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results