shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 1.3 G SI2, please?

xerofactor

Rough_Rock
This diamond is significantly below the budget that I had initially decided on. After looking at a ton of higher clarity F stones, this one at first glance struck me as "off", but I really am starting to believe that the magnification photos on James Allen are just as much of a hindrance as a benefit because no one sees diamonds like that day-to-day. When I zoom out, it's a shiny eyeclean diamond. I'm interested in a sparkly engagement ring first and foremost, and not any sort of investment. Just some thoughts would be appreciated, as I'm leaning towards it.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-588031

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is not the most well cut stone to be had. The crown and pavilion angles fall into the steep deep range which leads to light leakage. If you were to see this stone in real life with a well cut stone, I do believe you'd see the difference. A G color stone is generally a nice, white stone but the trouble with it lies within its cut - not it's color and in certain circumstances, not its clarity either.

It scores a 4.9 on the HCA - worth buying only if price is your main criteria.

Better proportions: Depth no more than 62.3%
Table 53-58
Crown 34-35
Pavilion 40.6 -40.9

Staying within those guidelines should produce a stone that is worthy of further investigation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results