shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these two options?

calico

Rough_Rock
I’d love help deciding. I’m new to LGDs and have narrowed it down to one of these two with help from the vendor. The size and ideal cut specs are very close. One is CVD and the other HPHT. The cost difference is $300. Just based on these pictures, is one worth $300 over the other, if so, which one? Thank you!

Product Compare — Brian Gavin Diamonds.png

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
I am by no means an expert, but my eyes also picked the left. Is the left the HPHT? Looks more crisp to me, but perhaps it’s just the angle.

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
It might be a good idea to post the stats, though? Tables, crowns, and pavilion angles. That info might help some people help you narrow it down, even though you said they are close.

calico

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I do appreciate fresh sets of eyes after comparing them for two days. I also think the left is crisper with better contrast and maybe brighter but it seems like the right’s nos. are closer to ideal/best and wonder if the right’s slightly darker background is affecting its look? They are not in house so I have to pick one to have the ASET done to confirm light return and symmetry. Here are the specs:

Tables = 56.5 for both
Depth = (L) 61.4 / (R) 61.7
C-P angles = (L) 35.1-40.6 / (R) 34.5-40.8

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I do appreciate fresh sets of eyes after comparing them for two days. I also think the left is crisper with better contrast and maybe brighter but it seems like the right’s nos. are closer to ideal/best and wonder if the right’s slightly darker background is affecting its look? They are not in house so I have to pick one to have the ASET done to confirm light return and symmetry. Here are the specs:

Tables = 56.5 for both
Depth = (L) 61.4 / (R) 61.7
C-P angles = (L) 35.1-40.6 / (R) 34.5-40.8

They are similar on paper (due to rounding most likely) but the left is far superior. Also, both fall into ranges that work.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is the CVD the one on the left side?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is. Can you tell by looking at it?

Yes. I can see the slight haze that I notice with quite a large number of other CVD. Will it impact the optics and appearance? Unknown. It impacts my mind, though.

calico

Rough_Rock
Yes. I can see the slight haze that I notice with quite a large number of other CVD. Will it impact the optics and appearance? Unknown. It impacts my mind, though.

That’s fair. Would you opt for the right one then, just based on that factor? Or is the right one not that appealing either?

Thanks your input!

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
Is the CVD the one on the left side?

Dang. You are the bomb. I thought HPHT was on left and looks more clear. Note to self- Never choose a diamond on my own!

So… which do you recommend?

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That’s fair. Would you opt for the right one then, just based on that factor? Or is the right one not that appealing either?

Thanks your input!

Right side one should be A-OK...the numbers are great and I'm not seeing anything that would cause concern. It might look a little off, but what I think we're seeing is a result of the diamond being a little tilted/off-center in the picture.
Should be a stunning performer.

calico

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback before! I’ve held off buying so I could go bigger if cost was reasonable. Thoughts on this one based on the video? It’s hpht, says H&A on cert which may not be exactly true, but not a bad comment right? To my eyes, it looks good, am I missing anything concerning?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results