Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these sapphires

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
9,613
They all have good and bad points. The smallest would be my pick but it does have some colour zoning. Personally I don't mind it and in a stone that size it wouldn't be very obvious.
 

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
880
hi mayerling,

Are you still looking at a custom project? I thought in your other thread, you'd decided against it.

I don't know if you saw in my thread but Michael E cuts his own stones and offers settings. If you get both from him, apparently he offers you a good discount. I don't know if he does pendants but it may be worth a shot.
 

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
2,218
the .99 one
 

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
1,947
the .99ct one sang to me the most :D
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
AmeliaG|1310083007|2964238 said:
hi mayerling,

Are you still looking at a custom project? I thought in your other thread, you'd decided against it.

I don't know if you saw in my thread but Michael E cuts his own stones and offers settings. If you get both from him, apparently he offers you a good discount. I don't know if he does pendants but it may be worth a shot.
I found a website that let's you build your own sapphire pendant, so it's not really a custom project; it's a setting and a stone from their inventory.
 

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
9,695
The .84ct has the best colour of the first lot you posted

BUT the most recent one you posted (0.82ct) has the best colour.

My only concern is that I don't know this Vendor and they seem to be offering their own in-house reports. I know that these sapphires are not particularly expensive (i.e. don't run into the thousands) but the prices seem almost too reasonable for just heated stones. I think I would want to find out if they had been treated further ie. beryillium diffused etc.
 

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
880
Hi mayerling,

I really like that last sapphire too. The color is gorgeous.

For some reason, the links to the setting in your other thread go to an empty shopping cart.
 

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
880
Hmmm, pretty!

I do prefer the halo on this pendant though, it reminds me more of the BN whose design most members preferred in your other thread - http://www.gemsny.com/sapphire-pendants/Round-Sapphire-And-Round-Diamond-Pendant-P30197BS/ and it's a bit less expensive. The diamonds on the bale are an added nice touch.

ETA I just saw where your pendant choice requires a minimum carat size of 1.80 carat. The one I posted requires a Round 0.96 to 1.35 carat.
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
AmeliaG|1310163814|2965072 said:
Hmmm, pretty!

I do prefer the halo on this pendant though, it reminds me more of the BN whose design most members preferred in your other thread - http://www.gemsny.com/sapphire-pendants/Round-Sapphire-And-Round-Diamond-Pendant-P30197BS/ and it's a bit less expensive. The diamonds on the bale are an added nice touch.

ETA I just saw where your pendant choice requires a minimum carat size of 1.80 carat. The one I posted requires a Round 0.96 to 1.35 carat.
Actually, the one I was trying to post originally is the one you just posted. I just couldn't post it so I decided to post the one for the bigger sapphire. But it doesn't matter as the design is the same; it's just the carat weight that differs.
 

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
880
Hmmm, now I'm really confused. The one you posted in Hangout is a different one with a 0.75 carat minimum. :confused:

With the pendant you posted in Hangout, I think the last sapphire you posted would look best but its too small for the pendant I posted. For the pendant I posted, I'd suggest the 0.99 carat.
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
AmeliaG|1310166391|2965104 said:
Hmmm, now I'm really confused. The one you posted in Hangout is a different one with a 0.75 carat minimum. :confused:

With the pendant you posted in Hangout, I think the last sapphire you posted would look best but its too small for the pendant I posted. For the pendant I posted, I'd suggest the 0.99 carat.
Sorry, I'll be clearer. The same design pendant exists in three different halo weights: 0.30ct, 0.36ct, and 0.42ct. I'm interested in the 0.36ct, which all the sapphires I posted in this thread should be ok for.

Sorry for the confusion :nono:
 

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
880
Well I think its a toss up between the 0.84 and 0.82. Pretty stones. I noticed the reports don't indicate treatments. Do you know if these stones have been treated?
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
mayerling|1310196253|2965337 said:
I've asked about treatments and am waiting to hear back.
Actually, on their website they state that the only treated sapphires they carry are heated ones, and that they don't carry any diffused ones.
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
mayerling|1310166492|2965105 said:
AmeliaG|1310166391|2965104 said:
Hmmm, now I'm really confused. The one you posted in Hangout is a different one with a 0.75 carat minimum. :confused:

With the pendant you posted in Hangout, I think the last sapphire you posted would look best but its too small for the pendant I posted. For the pendant I posted, I'd suggest the 0.99 carat.
Sorry, I'll be clearer. The same design pendant exists in three different halo weights: 0.30ct, 0.36ct, and 0.42ct. I'm interested in the 0.36ct, which all the sapphires I posted in this thread should be ok for.

Sorry for the confusion :nono:
OK, I know what went wrong now. The pendant I've been talking about and the one you've been talking about are two different pendants. I saw the one you posted but it didn't really "speak to me". I like that it has diamonds in the bale, like the BN one, but I don't like the way the diamonds in the halo are set; I don't like that I can see the metal they are set in. I prefer to sacrifice the diamonds in the bale to have a nicer halo.
 

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
2,357
Well, I took the plunge and I went for the .84 with a .36ct halo.

I really wanted to go for the .82 but because of its dimensions it couldn't fit in the .36 halo and I would have to go for the .42 which was way above budget.

Now to wait until September to see it :rolleyes:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Pretty Princess Cut
    Pretty Princess Cut

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top