shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third diamond is the safest bet looking at the proportions, can you get an Idealscope image for it?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the numbers, #3 is probably the best candidate, although all are a little near to the edge where performance is iffy, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails, depending on the rounding of numbers so IS of them will be good if available.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 4:55:48 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
From the numbers, #3 is probably the best candidate, although all are a little near to the edge where performance is iffy, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails, depending on the rounding of numbers so IS of them will be good if available.
3 fails? Number three could be a good diamond, can you explain what you mean by failing please?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said could fail when view through IS/ASET, maybe due to LGF, Stars angles, off symm, etc, I didnot say will fail, please make a distinction between those 2 words.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 5:14:04 AM
I said could fail when view through IS/ASET, maybe due to LGF, Stars angles, off symm, etc, I didnot say will fail, please make a distinction between those 2 words.
You did not say that in your post.

"From the numbers, #3 is probably the best candidate, although all are a little near to the edge where performance is iffy, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails, depending on the rounding of numbers so IS of them will be good if available. "

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:17:25 AM
Author: Lorelei

''From the numbers, #3 is probably the best candidate, although all are a little near to the edge where performance is iffy, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails, depending on the rounding of numbers so IS of them will be good if available. ''
Yes, I did, see the sentence structure?
, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails,
, this is all under the example sentence.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 5:20:22 AM

Date: 12/11/2008 5:17:25 AM

''From the numbers, #3 is probably the best candidate, although all are a little near to the edge where performance is iffy, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails, depending on the rounding of numbers so IS of them will be good if available. ''
Yes, I did, see the sentence structure?
, eg. #1 and #2 could be good perfroming stones while #3 fails,
, this is all under the example sentence.
Did you mean to say falls not fails?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant what I said, fail in performing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 5:26:58 AM
I meant what I said, fail in performing.
Why?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already said it. Read my post again.

CCNZ

Rough_Rock
So all have potential?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 6:38:23 AM
I already said it. Read my post again.
Ok then just to clarify, you are saying that the third diamond will ' fail' performancewise and therefore not be a good diamond to choose?

You said originally that the third diamond looks to be the best candidate, then fails in performance, which is it please as I am confused?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 6:43:34 AM
Author: CCNZ
So all have potential?
The third one looks to be the best one to me, you can certainly get Idealscopes for all of them but the third would be the one I am most interested in.

The first could also be a good pick but the 35/ 41 angle combo is hovering around what we call the steep deep zone, as GIA rounds the numbers it depends on which way they are rounded as to whether the diamond will show any negative effects such as light leakage, so an Idealscope is very useful in these cases.

The second is a bit deeper with the depth and thick girdle, could be a nice diamond but an Idealscope again would tell us more.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said could fail when view through IS/ASET, maybe due to LGF, Stars angles, off symm, etc, I did not say will fail, please make a distinction between those 2 words.
Actually, your post reads as #3 fails in performance, though you may not have meant it that way.

CC, I agree with Lorelei's assessment of the three and their potential. An IS is really needed.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said could fail, not will fail. It is in the example sentence structure.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 7:47:56 AM
The way you wrote the post came across that you said that #3 WILL fail. It is important to clarify what is meant for those reading in order for them to get accurate advice and information. Why do you not think the third diamond is a good stone please?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 6:43:34 AM
So all have potential?

Yes, all have potential, #3 has the best chance for best performance.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 7:51:44 AM
Date: 12/11/2008 7:47:56 AM
The way you wrote the post came across that you said that #3 WILL fail. It is important to clarify what is meant for those reading in order for them to get accurate advice and information. Why do you not think the third diamond is a good stone please?

I HAVE NEVER SAID #3 IS A BAD STONE!!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IS AN EXAMPLE? STOP BLOODY PUTTING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCNZ, please let us know how you get on concerning the Idealscope images.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
And how many times have I clarify already? If you do not understand the difference in meaning between could and would, and that the sentence in question is in the example sentence structure, that is my fault? Where in the quote did I state #3 was bad except in the example structure? It is an example! I am here to help CCNZ and not to argue sentence structures with you and we ended out with 80% of the thread on one stupid mis-understanding? What for???

It is an example, I already stated that #3 is the best in the lot. Or did you not understand that part? I am saying from the major dimensions HCA predicts the stone might be good but GIA rounds off numbers significantly and HCA does not take into account of the minor facets angles and sizes, it could still perform badly when compared in real life if these facets are off, which is why an IS is needed.

CCNZ

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone appreciate your help I will try and view the stones or at least see if i cna get a IS for them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 8:43:04 AM
Thanks everyone appreciate your help I will try and view the stones or at least see if i cna get a IS for them.
Most welcome, let us know how you get on and post the IS images when you get them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results