shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these diamonds please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been reading here for a few weeks and found all of this information very informative, thank you for everything thus far!!! :)

I am looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Thru random conversations, I found out she wants an Asscher or a Cushion solitare e ring. I have found 2 cushions I am interested in and will link to them below. One has a strong blue floro, which I kind of like, but I am concerned about value over time with the colored stones, I don't know if they are just a fad or not.

I am open to any opinions about these stones or any others you may know about. My budget is about $10k or so. I am looking for quality and size at a reasonable price. I will set whatever stone I buy in a modern setting, most likely platnium.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA205720&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34#

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA243084&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
This is my first diamond purchase, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks-

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
The first one doesn't have a strong blue color; it has a strong fluorescence. Fluoro in a diamond is very much a personal preference. Do a search and you'll pull up a ton of threads.

I don't know anything about cushions...sorry I can't help you out more!

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
Oops, I have corrected the "color" to "floro", my terminology is a little poor at this point.

I have searched many cushions on this site, and have learned they are all different..... :)

I am going to try to get pics also.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you're doing pretty good for a first timer.

I like the plots of both the cushion's you've chosen... they are more antique cut cushions with the chunkier facets that I personally love.

You've got the polish and symmetry down.

The first has nice proportions... good table, nice depth without losing spread. The combo of E with Strong Blue would warrant a call to them to ask if it makes the stone look milky at all. Also, I would ask for actual pictures and an Ideal Scope Image of both these diamonds.
The second one's table is a little small, but I would wait to see the pictures before ruling it out. This one also has a medium culet which means that the bottom is 'open' ... in other words when you look straight down into the stone it is going to look like there is a small hole where the culet is. This is a personal preference... I like them, but only when the culet is exactly at the center of the table... otherwise it drives me crazy.

I think you are off to a great start however. I'll see if I can find some others for you to look at!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a BIG cushion fan. I''ve read all the old threads on cushions and come up with stats that I like. You might not like what I like so ....

I like the depth and table of the second one I LOVE the 60s depth and the 50''s table the 10 pt spread. Also the EX sym and EX polish are very good. I think that depth/table creates alot of sparkle.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.