shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these diamonds please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been reading here for a few weeks and found all of this information very informative, thank you for everything thus far!!! :)

I am looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Thru random conversations, I found out she wants an Asscher or a Cushion solitare e ring. I have found 2 cushions I am interested in and will link to them below. One has a strong blue floro, which I kind of like, but I am concerned about value over time with the colored stones, I don't know if they are just a fad or not.

I am open to any opinions about these stones or any others you may know about. My budget is about $10k or so. I am looking for quality and size at a reasonable price. I will set whatever stone I buy in a modern setting, most likely platnium.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA205720&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34#

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA243084&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
This is my first diamond purchase, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks-

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
The first one doesn't have a strong blue color; it has a strong fluorescence. Fluoro in a diamond is very much a personal preference. Do a search and you'll pull up a ton of threads.

I don't know anything about cushions...sorry I can't help you out more!

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
Oops, I have corrected the "color" to "floro", my terminology is a little poor at this point.

I have searched many cushions on this site, and have learned they are all different..... :)

I am going to try to get pics also.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you're doing pretty good for a first timer.

I like the plots of both the cushion's you've chosen... they are more antique cut cushions with the chunkier facets that I personally love.

You've got the polish and symmetry down.

The first has nice proportions... good table, nice depth without losing spread. The combo of E with Strong Blue would warrant a call to them to ask if it makes the stone look milky at all. Also, I would ask for actual pictures and an Ideal Scope Image of both these diamonds.
The second one's table is a little small, but I would wait to see the pictures before ruling it out. This one also has a medium culet which means that the bottom is 'open' ... in other words when you look straight down into the stone it is going to look like there is a small hole where the culet is. This is a personal preference... I like them, but only when the culet is exactly at the center of the table... otherwise it drives me crazy.

I think you are off to a great start however. I'll see if I can find some others for you to look at!

blk_fxstc

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much Gypsy! I''ll see if I can get some pics to post.... :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a BIG cushion fan. I''ve read all the old threads on cushions and come up with stats that I like. You might not like what I like so ....

I like the depth and table of the second one I LOVE the 60s depth and the 50''s table the 10 pt spread. Also the EX sym and EX polish are very good. I think that depth/table creates alot of sparkle.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results