shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these cushions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am a long time lurker, some times poster and I would love your wonderful opinions on the following stones. I have just begun looking and these are some that I have found. They are all cushions around 1 carat and they are all in the same price range. I appreciate you guys taking your time to share your thoughts!
37.gif
Thanks!

Stone #1
GIA Cert. Cushion Modified Brilliant
1.04 - Very Good Cut - 6.87x5.54x3.72
Color - I
Clarity - SI2
Depth - 67.1%
Table - 54%
Symmetry - Good
Polish - Very Good
Girdle - Very Thin to Medium, faceted
Cutlet - Small
Fluorescence - None

Stone #2
EGL Cert. Cushion
.90 - Premium Cut - 6.67x5.33x3.11
Color - E
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 58.3%
Table - 54%
Symmetry - Good
Polish - Very Good
Girdle - Thin to Slightly Thick, polished
Cutlet - None (pointed)
Fluorescence - None

Stone #3
GIA Cert. Cushion Modified Brilliant
.96 - Premium Cut - 6.21x5.25x3.48
Color - F
Clarity - SI1
Depth - 66.3%
Table - 58%
Symmetry - Good
Polish - Very Good
Girdle - Slightly Thick to Thick, faceted
Cutlet - None (pointed)
Fluorescence - None

Stone #4
EGL Cert. Cushion
.90 - 6.29x4.87x3.61
Color - F
Clarity - VVS2
Depth - 74.1%
Table - 60%
Symmetry - Very Good
Polish - Good
Girdle - Thin, faceted
Cutlet - Very Small
Fluorescence - None

Stone #5
GIA Cert. Cushion
1.00 - 6.82x5.79x3.31
Color - D
Clarity - SI2
Depth - 57.2%
Table - 70%
Symmetry - Good
Polish - Very Good
Girdle - Slightly Thick to Very Thick
Cutlet - None (pointed)
Fluorescence - Medium

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, let's get rid of the last stone. Huge table.

Work with a good vendor.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Julie, I was thinking the same thing about the table. The first diamond is from Blue Nile and the last four are from Union Diamond. I am also checking other sites now.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 except that it is an SI2... but this is something that you''re gonna have to take your eyes to. Who knows what sort of faceting they have - it could make a huge difference.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Julie ~ I really like rectangular like albicocca''s. Thanks for the link though!

Cehra ~ I agree that I need to see them to make the final decision. I just wanted some input first, so thank you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 11:44:31 PM
Author: Rachie
Julie ~ I really like rectangular like albicocca''s. Thanks for the link though!

Cehra ~ I agree that I need to see them to make the final decision. I just wanted some input first, so thank you!
diagem who I think is like cushion guru IMO has said the tables shouldn''t be over 55 but some cuts I think can get away with 60.... and who knows maybe even 70 if you could see it but prescreening I''d try to keep the table as small as possible, but the ONE piece of info that you need more than almost anything else is the crown height and they''re aways woefully absent
7.gif
I would do depth 65-70 but diagem said 55-80... but really it''s about looking at it, unfortunately there''s not a lot you can ''see'' by numbers.... I would on paper reject anything over 60 table and under 60 depth and under a 15% crown - preferring like 20+% HOWEVER using that criteria isn''t a guarantee of a good stone and to top it off you might miss a beauty :) The research simply isn''t there yet :/ Cushions are classically crown heavy though so keep that in mind :)

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
James Allen is one of the very few folks who puts up pictures of a number of supplier stones. You might have a look there also. The photos aren''t great but once you''ve seen a few stones you can tell alot about the cutting style from the photo.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My cushion is a modern (spectacular LOL) cushion and has a table of 56....I've seen moderns with tables of 58...so that table rule of diagem is not accurate I'm afraid...but this discussion is really pointless in my opinion...you CAN"T judge a cushion by the numbers...it is IMPOSSIBLE to predict the look and the light results here...you must see the stone...I strongly suggest working with a vendor...tell them budget and priorities and have them pull stones for you or like said above, james allen has pix which is great...I've worked with Mark who is fab and GOG has actual pix also...

There are no rules about table and depth here. None. Best of luck! :)

p.s. Beautiful fur baby!!!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Cehra ~ Thanks for the info! I understand that these numbers are not exact and that I need to see the stones to make a decision, but it is still useful to have an idea.

Elmo ~ Thanks for the idea to look at James Allen! It really helps to see pics.

Moremoremore ~ I agree that it will really come down to actually seeing these stones or any others that I find. I really just started looking so I have a long way to go! Thanks for the compliment, that is my cat/baby Suzy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results