shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on SI1, I, 1.55 C

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cartetg

Rough_Rock
I''ve a round, 1.557c, SI-1, Color I with EX polish and symmetry, thin to med girdle (.4 to 1.5%), GIA cert.

Size - 7.52x7.58x4.51

Total depth - 61.0
Table % - 59.7
Pavilion angle - 41.1
Crown angle - 34.9

Dealer has it priced at 7,082.00 cash, +2.5% for CC

Is this a good deal?

Want to mount in platium with smaller round sapphires on either side...will the I color cause any problems here?

Thanks,

Tom

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
An AGA Cut Class 1B (premium make, ideal is 1A) with a 2.6 HCA score (see Cut Adviser on menu above) at a fair price. Not a bad stone. Not the best, but better than most. Being a GIA cert you can count on the grading, and an "I" color should look fine next to those sapphires. An I color SI1 combination provides a great look for the money.

cartetg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Rick-

What price per carat would you say is a "great price," rather than just a "fair price" on a SI-1, I stone from 1.4-1.6C? Just wondering how hard I should keep looking for a better deal...

The price per carat on this stone is about $4600.

Thanks again.

Tom
twirl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I meant "fair" as in good, very reasonable.

If you want to compare prices, the PriceScope function on the menu above is a good feature. Just type in the parameters you want, and you will get a list of available stones and their prices.

Then you can run their specs through the Cut Advisor and eliminate the poor performers.

Top notch assistance. You'd be hard pressed to duplicate it in the average jewelry store.

If you haven't read the tutorial yet it's a must read.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results