shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Richard Ogden Jewellers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,
Before I start I d like to say that I think this forum is pretty amazing. There seems to be so many people willing to share their expertise in order to help others- I don t think I ve ever seen that before.
My boyfriend and I have been thinking about engagement rings for a little while now. We started with the thought of a diamond, but then he suggested a pink sapphire, and I loved the idea. We looked at the Natural Sapphire Company, but since we live in the UK, we decided the Import tax and postage would be too much.
So we found a picture of a ring online
http://www.richardogden.com/jewellery/item.php?i=1238
We went to see the ring today- and I love it! The jewelers seemed really nice. I asked whether it was heat treated, and they said almost definitely, and I asked whether it was chemically treated, and they said almost definitely not.
Has any one heard of this jewelers? Also, do you think 2200 pounds (approx 3100 dollars) is a good price for such a ring?
I did see a similar ring in another jewelers for around the same price, but it seemed ''dead'' looking, and the workmanship was not great (to my untrained eye) by comparison. To me, there seemed something special about the richardogden ring.
Thanks for any replies in advance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is your link to make it eaiser for people to view...
http://www.richardogden.com/jewellery/item.php?i=1238

I cant say anything about the cost of the ring or the jeweller but I thing it is a lovely ring! You might also want to post
on the colored stones forum. They may be able to help you with cost over there too. They are very knowlegeable
about colored stones. Congrats on the upcoming engagement!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Tyty. I have posted in the other forum too now. I tried to copy and paste your link to the jewelers. I am not very good at computers to be honest.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results