shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on my setting/stone please!

katiefofatey

Rough_Rock
OK! We picked a setting!

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Princess/1...gagement-Ring-18K-Yellow-Gold-(3-4-cttw).aspx

I have been told to stop looking for a setting, this is it! (though, please tell me if you've had any negative experiences with B2C Jewels... or positive! And please share pics if you have a ring from B2C Jewels!).

SO! We are thinking, this setting with a Princess. Please tell me what you think - will princess match this setting? The princesses that we are considering include:

Option One: .84ct - VS2/H and the GIA specifies Crystal, Cloud - will this still be eye-clean as it's graded VS2??
This one also is described as having a Thick to Very Thick girdle - this is outside the range for ideal cut but is it going to be a massive problem? My (limited) understanding is that a thick girdle is a waste of weight, but I'm still quite happy with the size (my main thing is that it has to be wider than the band...).

Option Two: .85ct - VVS2/H and GIA specifies Pinpoint - same question as before. The girdle on this one is "Very thick" but the measurements, again, I'm quite happy with.

Most of the other specs both diamonds are the same - very good symmetry, excellent polish, no fluorescence, ratio of 1.01... I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that the bits of the specs that I don't understand aren't deal breakers.

I haven't seen either diamond in person and I'm not in the same country as the diamonds, so I can't go to view them :( :( :(.

Sorry if none of this makes ANY sense to anyone - I'm very much a rookie in the diamond buying game, but an eye-clean symmetrically cut, sparkly stone is the goal, in a "for life" setting - no upgrades, no resetting. I'm a sentimental girl and would never change my engagement ring!... a new, bigger right hand ring however....... :naughty:

sakari_8

Shiny_Rock
B2C Jewels has been their long time now, I see the prices they offer are awesome & they have some beautiful settings as well, B2C Jewels
have all the great services to offer, I think store is good to transact with.

I like the setting & princess cut stone in the center would look good but I would like round in the center instead,
0.84ct stone being VS2 - GIA it will be eyeclean, 0.85ct would also be good, all the specs that you have provided are good,
Since you are based outside the country, request the store to get you expert Gemologist opinion on the stones or the Images,
once you have the expert review or Images, it will become easy for you to decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results