shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on memoire

gzagenius

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I went to a jewelry shop the other day looking for wedding rings to match her solitaire e-ring. They had the Memoire Platinum 11-stone shared prong (.33ct) for $1850 and a Memoire white gold 9-stone shared prong (0.50ct) for $2040 (the platinum version was $3620).

Anybody know how good these prices are?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The advantage of Memoire is that they are set very low and in most cases, the stones will not eat into the e-ring prongs. Yes, you can do better on price for the same quality, but most bands are not set as low. I'd be tempted to try one from WF if they have a return policy on the band in case it is set too high.

gzagenius

Rough_Rock
Yeah, one of my concerns is that the girdle of the stones in a shared prong will scratch the e-ring prongs over time. Is that still a concern even if a shared prong is paired with a 4-prong solitaire (like BGD's truth head setting)? Anybody know any less-expensive shared prong bands set as low as Memoire? Are the Facet Collection bands as low as Memoire? Doesn't appear to be on the photos.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
What I like about Memoire is their guarantee policy. They apparently invested so much effort in creating rings that will have low stone fall-out risk, that they will replace any stone that is lost for life. I really like that. I'm hoping to buy a memoire band in the future. The premium may just be worth it for the quality.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Memoire quality is outstanding - I've had their five stone band now for many years with absolutely no issues. Like any other branded merchandise, you will pay more but will have a product that will last for a lifetime. The stones are very low set which makes the rings very functional.

If you want to pursue better pricing, contact Bill Pearlman at Pearlman's Jewelry. He had the best prices for Memoire and is an absolute gem to work with! You can look on Memoire's website and get item numbers for their bands. He can order any of them for you.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1312145485|2981202 said:
What I like about Memoire is their guarantee policy. They apparently invested so much effort in creating rings that will have low stone fall-out risk, that they will replace any stone that is lost for life. I really like that. I'm hoping to buy a memoire band in the future. The premium may just be worth it for the quality.

I like this policy!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1312131820|2981101 said:
The advantage of Memoire is that they are set very low and in most cases, the stones will not eat into the e-ring prongs. Yes, you can do better on price for the same quality, but most bands are not set as low. I'd be tempted to try one from WF if they have a return policy on the band in case it is set too high.

That's not the only advantage. Last I checked, which was a while ago so call the company (or just read their site) and verify, but... if you ever want to upgrade they will give you your full purchase price toward an upgrade. Any upgrade, you don't have to spend double.

Their platinum REALLY IS SUPERIOR. It doesn't scratch nearly as much as normal platinum that you get. Memoire also has a iron clad (and I mean iron clad) lifetime warranty.

If it was in my budget I would ABSOLUTELY go with a memoire band... even over that of any made in house by even the most anal of our PSer vendors.

And there is NO other brand I would say that about. That's how great I think they are.

As for prices. Go on Memoire's site and start calling around (especially in areas that do not have high rents and overhead... so not LA, SF or NY or DC, or other expensive metro areas) and get their pricing, in email if you can. And then ask your local place to match if you get a lower price. If they don't just buy from the less expensive store.

Any authorized memoire dealer will recognize ALL of memoire's policies (including the upgrade) as it is a condition of carrying the line. So you can buy from afar and enjoy it locally.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I went to my local jeweler earlier this year and had them call Memoire about upgrading my band, and sadly, they had changed the policy so that you can only upgrade to a full eternity of higher carat weight. I was considering a higher carat 5 stone band, but they wouldn't let me do it. It was hard to justify the upgrade to full eternity since I wasn't sure I wanted to go that route, so I have held off trading it. They also now require that the old ring be sent in to check the condition of the stones before approving the trade. I am relatively certain mine is in perfect condition, so I am not so worried about that.

So my advice is, if you go for the Memoire, get the one that she likes best now (and I love the bands with smaller stones so I am not saying larger is better). And I do second checking with Pearlman's for prices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results