shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on K RB w/ STG Fluo

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
So here are the latest pics the jeweler sent us. Although I love the way the ring looks I need to make sure there’s no milkiness once I play around with the lighting. In addition to that, due to SF I also want to see what color the stone gives off: blue (most likely), white, brown, etc.

I also want to confirm where the markings are on the stone since it’s SI1 and not shown on GIA. 94E52D82-F92E-429B-96A5-61F1337713CB.jpeg 32DD9F17-C754-4CD3-B427-2ED6FB7FB479.jpeg 4EA105FE-4A8E-4324-8507-53EA1C9C2102.jpeg

With all that, here she is:

Thoughts? This is my first time with a solitaire. I usually stay away from a lot of metal showing, but a solitaire was calling me this time around for whatever reason.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can buy a loupe in 10x, 20x, 30x flavour off ebay or similar - I'm sure someone posted a recommendation recently for where to buy high quality versions. You can then use that to 'get to know' your inclusions :)

Solitaires are simple and classic so you can't really go wrong with them!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think your elegant ring and stone are GORGEOUS! I've had the BelOMO 10x Triplet Jewelers Loupe for years, available from Amazon and am very happy with it. I can't wait till you've lived with it for a bit and realize you have nothing to worry about.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think your elegant ring and stone are GORGEOUS! I've had the BelOMO 10x Triplet Jewelers Loupe for years, available from Amazon and am very happy with it. I can't wait till you've lived with it for a bit and realize you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you! Because the GIA is not plotted I’m overthinking it. Plus, there are some amazing deals online with similar stats. I didn’t get a steal probably due to purchasing at a B&M store. I’m old school tho. I love looking at rings in person. In addition to that, I’m also driving my soon to be fiancé bananas. I’m getting on my own nerves. Lol

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures do not do the ring justice! And the SBF actually looks really cool to me and my fiancé. He was nervous at first and said, do you like the SBF? And I said, yeah, I actually do. It looks neat. He agreed! Thanks for the suggestion of buying a black light @OoohShiny

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Your stone and ring are breathtaking! I hope you enjoy it in good health and happiness for many years. I personally LOVE Fluorescence and don't view it as a negative unless there are clarity issues. I'm glad you stopped overthinking it all and finally jumped.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!

It looks really white in the pictures - I would never have said that was a K from those pics :))

I also like it a lot more than the alternative stone in your earlier picture - it seems to have stronger contrast, which is what helps create visual interest :) and it looks substantial!

Now get out there and wear it, so you can check it out in all the different lighting environments and learn its character! :D (Well, if the big question has been asked yet ;-) )

If you can get a picture of the blue glow, that would also be cool ;)) (hint hint, lol)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful! I didn't think I was a solitaire person either, but it turns out I am.

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!! Looks super pretty on your hand! Would you mind sharing your ring size?

Congrats, wear in good health & Happy Holidays!!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent!

It looks really white in the pictures - I would never have said that was a K from those pics :))

I also like it a lot more than the alternative stone in your earlier picture - it seems to have stronger contrast, which is what helps create visual interest :) and it looks substantial!

Now get out there and wear it, so you can check it out in all the different lighting environments and learn its character! :D (Well, if the big question has been asked yet ;-) )

If you can get a picture of the blue glow, that would also be cool ;)) (hint hint, lol)

I’m the only one working today so bare with me as I answer some of your questions ...I also have to cook for 30
people tmrw and I’m in the field today -working. Aye!

I can’t wait to show you different lighting situations and even the black light. So cool. I don’t have the ring yet. He’s making me wait...but I understand since I was part of the process and drove him crazy re SBF and that it was a K color diamond. I also played around with a regular mini flashlight and it was the only time I detected warmth in the stone. I’ll share those too as well as outside in the sun. It looks more blue white in the sun. So neat, @OoohShiny!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks more blue white in the sun. So neat, @OoohShiny!
Cool!

The pastel blue effect in sunlight is like having a fancy blue! :D

I hope you don't have to work too hard and don't get too distracted ;-) lol

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
^ I do agree with you! This stone has far more personality than the G VS2 stone I posted earlier @OoohShiny.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! Looks super pretty on your hand! Would you mind sharing your ring size?

Congrats, wear in good health & Happy Holidays!!

Thank you! My fingers are swollen atm. Need more water in my diet. Lol
My ring size is 5.75. Pretty average, I think. This stone is 1.02 but has a nice spread to it. Perhaps looks more like 1.10? Not quite sure bc I don’t know all the mm’s of different stone sizes, but I do know for its carat size this one may look a tad larger.

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Thank you! My fingers are swollen atm. Need more water in my diet. Lol
My ring size is 5.75. Pretty average, I think. This stone is 1.02 but has a nice spread to it. Perhaps looks more like 1.10? Not quite sure bc I don’t know all the mm’s of different stone sizes, but I do know for its carat size this one may look a tad larger.

It looks very pretty & good size on your finger! Thanks for sharing ring size.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I had a strong blue diamond once and just ordered a cheap UV pen light from Amazon and it was fine. Honestly, I never would have known it had strong blue fl had I not seen the report. It was only when I used the UV light that I could see it.

What color does your stone give off in the sun?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a K old cut pear with medium blue florescence and boy did it make that stone WHITE! Sometimes a K with flor can be a real bargain- your stone faces up whiter.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I had a K old cut pear with medium blue florescence and boy did it make that stone WHITE! Sometimes a K with flor can be a real bargain- your stone faces up whiter.

Sounds beautiful. I love pears! I agree, re K w/ flouro and getting those stones for a bargain. I saw some awesome prices online. Our stone was purchased at a B&M so I didn’t get a rock bottom price. No pun intended. :)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!
I know PS is quiet on the weekends but I finally took a couple pics with the blue light. Again, I know it’s a personal thing and Fluorescence
is NOT for everyone. Trust me, I know. I was adamant about not having a stone with Fluorescence until I saw this diamond. Anyway, not the best pics but for fun I wanted to share a couple. This journey has taught me- look at all diamonds even if they have Fluorescence. It *may* surprise you.

Attachments

• 6C5F8DD5-7209-446D-A8D5-69915B763F5D.jpeg
    6C5F8DD5-7209-446D-A8D5-69915B763F5D.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DEEA72BF-4CCB-4E28-8C66-5D3C3CFC0FC6.jpeg
    DEEA72BF-4CCB-4E28-8C66-5D3C3CFC0FC6.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 32

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

I love this stone! I think because each day and depending on the lighting it looks different.

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Hi All!
I know PS is quiet on the weekends but I finally took a couple pics with the blue light. Again, I know it’s a personal thing and Fluorescence
is NOT for everyone. Trust me, I know. I was adamant about not having a stone with Fluorescence until I saw this diamond. Anyway, not the best pics but for fun I wanted to share a couple. This journey has taught me- look at all diamonds even if they have Fluorescence. It *may* surprise you.

Glow baby! I think it’s such a neat property! Very cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results